Chapter Fifty-two

george weasley

"Well, she deserves something elegant, something with dazzling glimmers of rare diamonds, perhaps? But I feel like you should be telling the truth, maybe that's the best thing before everything."

"I will... After this."

Six foot high stacks of flowers, arranged orderly according to classification, made only for this special occasion. This backyard held her greatest childhood memories, this spot specifically and would be our child's playground soon.

Surrounded by big, old trees, I prepared something special as we will be soon celebrating our soul's unity. With the winter then slowly kicking off, continues the refreshing smell of nature entices our senses.

Petals of different flowers scattered all over the ground, some are red while some are lavender, circling the table for two in between that would serve as our comfort later.

Approaching the time of my wedding proposal, the excitement begins to build up. Everyone knows, firstly Harry Potter himself, about this. With all his pleadings to tell Aurora the truth, I insisted to accomplish my plans first.

Aurora's oblivious about this as she's currently inside her room, dressing herself into perfection beautifully, yet looking natural as ever, for she's pretty with or without anything on her skin. All she knew was we're having a simple date — just the two of us and baby Freddie.

As I'm about to put blindfold on her eyes, I made my hands slide from behind. Even this child isn't mine, I'd be more than happy to spend my days with him and Aurora and that's what matters to me.

"Georgie," she called out my name effortlessly, hand holding my face. She gave me a genuine smile of happiness from down my chin. "Being a baby now, are we? Where are you taking me?"

"No, I just — just trust me, lovely." I pecked the tip of her ear and swayed slowly even without music, then I spun her around as my hands pull the satin blindfold that hangs around my neck. "Trust me on this one."

I lead her to the spot, prepared only for her. It took me a minute to admire her before she spoke, saying, "What now, Georgie?" Aurora asked, curiously, before I finally reveal the surprise.

The intense moment grew longer as it seemed to be. No one said a word. Her eyes remained glued on this heavenly place, waiting for the other person to speak first.

"Y-You prepared all of this, Georgie? Only for us?" Her voice contained all the happiness in the world which painted her face with blood rush and smiles.

I pulled out the chair of expensive fixture and gestured for her to take a seat. "Aurora," I began. "Remember a couple of years ago when you're crying and I saw you sitting in one of the tower windows alone? You were crying because Professor Snape made you feel embarrassed in front of your class and every Slytherin laughed at you."

"We were younger then. Why does that matter to us now?" Her sheepish giggles filled the surrounding area as I uncover the cuisines. "Wait, why are you sweating?"

"It's hot." I filled our glasses with the finest wine I can offer for this special, remarkable time of our life. Once I was sitting across her, I raised a toast. "To the rest of your life."

"To our lives, hunny." she rephrased and shoot me a smile full of brightness that lit up my world. "Going back, what about that forgotten memory of mine?"

"It matters because that day, I knew you would one day be my lifetime partner in crime. After getting to know you more each vacation we spend every time your Dad allows you to go with us." I filled out my lungs with the scent of the flowers. "I ran home one time and told Mum that I had found the one. She said,  'that's good to hear son, now go clean you and Fred's room.'"