Chapter Forty-six

astoria greengrass

I thought that there will be a general meeting for our family today regarding on how our school year at Hogwarts would go. But when I entered my father's office, there were no people inside it except my father who is just there, sitting comfortably on his ergonomic swivel chair.

"Dad? I thought we are going to have a general meeting together today regarding on how Daphne and I would study? Should I call them now?"

He plastered a smile. "This meeting is between you and me only, Astoria. Come closer and sit down."

My forehead creased while furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. I sat on the chair in front of Dad's table and started fidgeting his quill in my hand.

"So, what's our agenda, Dad?" I politely asked and flashed a smile. "How are we going to attend school this year? Am I going to Beauxbatons?"

"I'm planning a merge, Astoria. Business merge in specific." he introduced while intertwining his hands together.

"And how is that related to me, Dad?" I confusedly quizzed while grabbing a packet of candy inside the candy tray above his table. I suddenly felt uninterested when he said business.

I don't know why but it felt boring.

He leaned his back against the chair. "Greengrasses, our family had been here for the last ten consecutive centuries. Our ancestors hosted the finest events, auctions and many more regarding to buying and selling of land properties. But in the late 1700's, there is one French family that established their business what gave the same service as ours." Dad explained stiffly and I started fiddling my necklace.

I bobbed my head up and down, still being invaded with confusion. "It's the Malfoys, right?"

"Right." he answered shortly.

"You're planning to merge with them, Dad?" My father's plan was great. In that way, Draco and I would be closer to each other more than ever.

Even before the Malfoys and our family, the Greengrasses are always competing when it comes to business. Not really competing but when their family sold a property, our family should sell too. Every time our ancestors would be selling a property in a lower price, they would do the same too.

But our family never had a rivalry with them and likewise, the Malfoys did the same. No one's being superior when it comes to their business. For the two families; the most important things were not the superiority, but giving the buyers great services and properties they could offer as they're both pure-bloodeds.

"Isn't it a good idea, my dear?" Dad questioned while tapping his knuckles against the table. You have no idea how good it was, Dad.

"Well, it is, Dad. Incorporating with them will surely make a great news here, there, and everywhere across the Wizarding World. Let's bring back our old businesses life, especially after this crisis." I encouraged.

Incorporating with them will surely bring me closer to Draco.

"When are you planning to get in touch with them, Dad?" I asked while bursting out with exhilaration inside my head.

"I already did, my dear." he replied stiffly while I remained clueless. He doesn't look like an impulsive guy, does he? I know he is friends with Draco's father ever since but I barely see them together.

They both attended Hogwarts and have the same age too. They have lots of things and hobbies in common, really.

"I want to pass on my possessions and he, the same. But he doesn't have someone who is responsible enough to handle all their family birthrights." he added while standing, overlooking outside the windows behind his back.