Chapter Seven

You are the star who guides me out of my darkness.

-

aurora forsythe

"Hey Forsythe!"

I was sitting alone at the Astronomy Tower after an exhausting day due to numerous homeworks given to us.

The Astronomy Tower overlooks the glimmering stars above the skies.

It was a fine, cool night that is why I came here tonight because I want to relax. It would be relaxing if only I don't have loads of books around me, looking like I was behind bars.

"Aurora Ysabelle Forsythe!" shouted a voice that echoes around.

I turned my head and behind me was Malfoy, running over to me, and sat beside me as he reached my position, removing the stack of books on my left side.

He sighed, catching up his breath, "Can we call a truce, please?" he asked as his chest pump aggressively.

I was shocked. Did he bump his head hard? Malfoy asking for truce? Using the word 'please'? What in Merlin's beard is this?

"You never call a truce. You're arrogant and prideful, aren't you?" I said as I laugh loudly in his joke.

Is he joking or what? What's the catch after this? He'll make ways to deduct more house points to us if I don't obey? No way. No freaking way.

"I didn't know you're a personality expert." he replied as he bends his knee, hugging it with his arms.

"I mean why would you? You even used your forbidden word, 'please'." I responded as I burst out laughing.

"Nothing. It's so tiring to be in a fight with you every time, you know?" he snapped as he looks at the stars above, "Wouldn't life be so much better and easier if we're fine? I mean just us."

"Then why don't you befriends with them too, my friends?"

"I just don't want to." he replied stiffly as he cracks the bones of his fingers. "So, can we be friends?" he added, pulling out his hand for a handshake.

Who am I to say no? Besides, being friends with other houses is nice to think about and clearly, I want to know him more because I know there's more to him than an arrogant, prideful, and a man who can't express his feelings.

"Fine." I responded shortly, accepting his handshake.

"I spat on it." he jokingly said as he looks at me, holding back his laughter.

"Yuck! Truce is over." I revoked as I pull away my hand.

"No, no, no, sorry." he apologized, "I was just messing around."

He was laughing and his laugh is contagious.

"Do you know why six is scared of seven?" he joked as he leaned his back with his hand holding the floor.

"Why is that so?"

"Because seven ate nine."

I stared at him blankly for a little while as I didn't get his joke.

"Because seven eight nine." he explained causing me to burst my laughter out. "You're so slow." he giggled softly as he turns his head on me.

He tucks the strands of hair that fell on my face as the laughter slowly fades, creating moments of silence due to awkwardness.

I wondered around. He scanned my books.

I played with my hair. He brushed his hair with his fingers.