Special Chapter: Scorpius Hyperion

The fairies gave a soft atmosphere around the Astronomy Tower, deep blue skies already shone their way into the abyss of the night. The wintry breeze passed through the corridors, and the fresh air from the Forbidden Forest was present too.

Most students were already going back to their Towers before their curfew hits the clock, or maybe before they fall asleep because of tiredness, with their dress robes and hot cups of butterbeer before bedtime, Scorpius and Rose are not.

"Thank you for tonight, Scorp." Rose's soft voice whispered as they both went up the Astronomy Tower.

"Er — that's what friends are for." Scorpius' nervous voice completely contrasted to Rose's, as they looked around their surroundings carefully. Scorpius' eyes shone as he stares at Rose's beauty, almost losing himself.

"You know, when I was little —" Scorpius began, couldn't help but fix his eyes on her. "My Dad was not the softest kind of person, but as strict as he was, he showed me the stars and their mysteries — that's why I love Astronomy so much, just as him and Mum.

Rose looked up at him admiringly, he smiled and pulled his eyes off. "Every summer, every night, as I spend my days above the roofs of our house, despite my Mum's protest of me, getting coughs and colds, with a mug of Grandmumsy's hot cocoa and Book of Stars, there I lay beneath the stars, thinking of about my special someone." Scorpius laid his eyes on her, she's not looking.

Scorpius scooted closer once they were sitting with their back pressed against the walls. Rose could sit all day, just listening to Scorpius' voice without actually noticing it.

He was unsure of his feelings, whether to tell Rose what he's feeling, just as his Dad. He always loved all of his friends — each of them, Rose was different. He was shy, but can pull young ladies like a magnet.

He turned his gaze back to Rose, shooting her with the most sincere smile he has. Rose took a picture of him in her heart, she couldn't restrain herself from doing so.

"That's the reason why you know much about Astronomy?" Rose giggled sheepishly, her cheeks burning red and shivering. Scorpius wore off his coat to cover her.

"Yeah," he rubbed his neck and pocketed his hands.

"So, why did you bring me here, Scorp?" she questioned, turning redder by each second. How do I tell her why I brought her here, he asked himself.

"No reason." he replied smoothly.

"There is, Scorp, tell me."

"I like you, Rose, that's why." Scorpius would lie if he insisted that it was nothing, he would lie to himself if he insisted that he's feeling nothing towards her.

Draco, his Dad, always told them that they should not wait for the perfect moment because that does not exist. He said, "Cherish your time and make it unforgettable, that'll make the moment perfect." he's not wrong.

Scorpius made it perfect.

For her.

For him.

Only that he's waiting for something...

For her response...

But a few minutes of silence came to pass and she didn't speak, not a single word. "Er — Rose, shall I usher you back to your dormitory? I reckon you're ti—"

"I like you too, Scorp."

His heart dropped. He wished there would be more times like this.

All alone above the Astronomy Tower, just as how he idolized his parents' relationship.

But who said they wouldn't have many more moments like this one after tonight?