Chapter Twenty-two

a u r o r a f o r s y t h e

Truly, George isn't lying. The skies are different. It's so dark and gloomy unlike the usual days before. It is not as magical and beautiful like the usual days I've spent here for the previous years.

Of course, I wouldn't forget how beautiful it was. This is my home. I spent most of my days, months and years here, living, loving, laughing with my friends and Draco.

The memories I spent here would be left here for the rest of my life.

My heart pounds in exaltation as I walk carefully and calmly. But there's something erroneous.

I'm here to tell Draco how much I love him, as well as because Harry summoned me even though George told me not to come.

I miss my friends so much and of course, Draco.

As I walk step by step at the Grand Staircase, looking for Draco, I can hear the silence of the castle, eerily still. Not a single student walking around. The portraits are also silenced.

All I can see is a dark castle, sentenced to be silent unless asked to speak.

While I was walking, someone called my name and it echoed all over the castle.

"Aurora!" called a voice as I jump out of shock while I turn my back. "Why are you here? I told you not to come back, did I?" said George, running two steps at a time.

"Hey Georgie!" I greeted in exhilaration and hugged him once he's close to me. "I was looking for Draco. Did you see him?" I added as I pull my body away.

"I- uhm- I didn't see him." he stuttered, "Why are you here?" he queried once more as he holds both of my arms. "It's dangerous in here."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Harry summoned me here. He told me he needs my help. Why?" I inhaled sharply and resumed talking, "Why is it dangerous?"

He grabbed my face, "Listen to me, Aurora. This is not the right time to look for Malfoy. Go back home please?" he convinced, "I'm just trying to protect you."

"Why would I do that?" I frowned, "You're telling me to leave?" I sighed sarcastically, "Why? Because you don't want me to reunite with Draco?" I seethed, holding my waist.

"This is not my secret to tell, Aurora." he suspire, "But I don't want you to be in danger."

"Fine, then just tell me where to find Hermione. I need to have a word with her."

"They are in the Astronomy Tower." he replied stiffly, "Please, be safe."

I hurriedly sprinted to the Astronomy Tower without looking back to George. I have no clue on what to do and what exactly I am looking for. I'm just trying to figure out what's really happening.

From not so far, I can hear people shouting. But... But it doesn't sound good. It's more of shrieking out of horror and terror and it terrifies me as I run closely.

I sneaked my eyes and I saw groups of people, filling up the Astronomy Tower, creating loud bangs, horrific noises, lights, colorful lights produced by different spells and they are duelling, fighting for their dear lives.

These people, I have seen them before at the Malfoy Manor. These people are wearing masks, dressed in all black and horrifying. They are Death Eaters.

But how did they enter Hogwarts?

There's only one way to find out. I searched for a blonde-headed boy but what I caught is Hermione.

"Harry's looking for you." she yelled while I grab her aside, to the wall where we can't be seen by Death Eaters.

"I know, Hermione. He wrote to me." I breathed sharply, "Do you know where is Draco?" I questioned as I shout due to the loud crashing, "How about Harry, have you seen him?"