Chapter Twenty-three

a u r o r a  f o r s y t h e

End of July, 1997

I woke up alone in a familiar room with the lights on and there's someone lying beside me. I still feel giddy and I don't remember what happened to me.

All I know is that the last thing I did was pull my wand and tried to duel with Draco. The Draco that I used to know was once again gone.

I scooted closer to see who it was lying beside me, only to find out that it was him, sleeping peacefully. I mean, who else would lay beside me shamelessly except him?

Every day for the past couple of months that I am with him, I wake up to continue living my dreams. Some of our plans doesn't add up on what's going on with us.

I just keep on struggling every damn day but this is not the life I dreamed about; not anymore. They say struggle and struggle until you reach your dreams and I did.

But as long as I struggle, the more I lose myself.

I walk carefully, opening the door without making any creaking noise and left his room without thinking about waking him up or wanting to let him know that I am leaving.

I twisted with all my energy and Apparated to The Burrow. The only place I know I am safe for now. I just can't go back home. I don't want my family to know the foolish things I have done for this stupid love. I don't want their lives to be on the line.

"Hello, Mrs. Weasley?" I shouted, whilst, knocking at the door, "Hello? Anybody here?"

Finally, someone opened.

"Aurora, dear. I'm glad you're alive. Where have you been?" she interrogated while hugging me in her arms, "You've been gone for a month. And oh, what are you wearing? It looks expensive." she added while scanning my clothes and pulling me inside.

"I- uh- I've been gone for a month?" I questioned curiously, scratching the back of my head due to confusion.

"Yes, you are, dear." she answered, allowing me to sit in the dining area and handing me a glass of pumpkin juice, "Where have you been?"

"I woke up earlier and found myself at the Malfoy Manor." I uttered confusedly, "Does that mean I'm sleeping for a month?"

"Possibly, yeah. But thank Merlin you're alive. I mean, you could've die there." she responded continuously, "Possibly the reason why you're wearing those silk pajamas, innit?"

"Probably, yes." I replied shortly, drinking the pumpkin juice to calm me down while I watch Mrs. Weasley clean up the dishes without magic when a sudden loud crashing from outside caught our ears.

"You're here, Aurora." Ginny greeted as she marches down the stairs, "Stay here." she added, catching up with her mother to see what's happening outside.

I heard someone shouted.

"Here! Quick. Into the house."

I glanced at the window to see who it was and I saw Hagrid with Harry and Professor Lupin and... Another Harry?

Probably Polyjuice Potion.

"Oh my boy." uttered Mrs. Weasley worriedly as she walks back inside, approaching Professor Lupin as he lay the other Harry.

Professor Lupin out of nowhere pushed Harry in a wall and pointed his wand at him that made us all startle.

"What are you doing?" queried Ginny in confusion but Professor Lupin didn't reply

"What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?" asked Professor Lupin, whilst, pushing Harry harder against the wall.