Chapter Four

You're the moon, but you are destined to another galaxy.

-

aurora forsythe

Many days had gone by, probably weeks. Harry accomplished some of the tasks. Also, Ron and Harry are fine now. Nothing seems to be extraordinary these past days. Just us playing around with snowballs.

We are advised to stay inside for safety purposes, but that was just an advice.

Trees are now covered with snow, everyone's coated with thick clothing, and the foods that they serve, goodness, it's so, so delicious. The best time of the year it was.

Most of the students are scattered around the Courtyard. Snowball fighting everywhere. Ice cracking in crisp. Windows are frosted. Everything's covered with snow.

We just finished slurping tea with Hagrid at his hut and here we are playing. Building our own snowman without magic. And...

"Hey! Quit it!" I yelled, running towards Neville. "Stop! Can't you see, he's giddy?" I angrily snapped as I shove Crabbe, Goyle and Malfoy away from Neville.

Really, they're making me angry. Neville is quietly walking past them and they chose to play with him, passing him to one another like a ball.

"Hey look! She's defending her boyfriend." teased Crabbe.

"Go away and play with your filthy blood traitor friends." Malfoy added with his arms crossed.

Merlin, after what I have done to him that night he was sick, this is what he's going to pay me back? I hope he didn't know that I did that. Such a shame for me if he did. Screw me for having a human heart.

"He- He's not my boyfriend. And stop calling my friends filthy blood traitors. You may be pureblooded but your personality is dirtier than your bloodline." I said at once, stuttering at first and slayed every next words, squinting angrily at their irritating faces.

I hope the words I used, slashed their souls.

"Come now Neville. Don't mind them." I encouraged, grabbing Neville's arm as we walk away from them. Neville seems to be a bit dizzy. "They're just jealous of you because you excel in Herbology." I whispered to him as I glance back to where those bullies stand, rolling my eyes in madness as they smirk back to me. "Stop messing around with people. Mind your own business you idiots."

"Thank you." Neville replied, steadying his balance as we shelter ourselves under the roof. "By the way, do you have-" he stuttered, "do you have a partner for the dance?"

"Oh, about that, Justin Finch-Fletchley asked me already and I said yes." I responded timidly, "I really am sorry Nev. I suggest you ask Ginny. She still doesn't have a partner for the dance." I added, flashing a consoling smile at him.

"That's a great idea. Thanks Aurora!" he exclaimed, "I have to go, would you mind?"

"Not at all, Nev. Go on." I replied as he flashes a grateful smile, walking away from me.

I went back on building my snowman.

My eyes are glossing up in excitement for the upcoming Yule Ball.

-

Y U L E B A L L

I had spent most of my galleons from the money I earned to buy a precious dress. A dazzling black, mermaid gown made from metres of silk organza dyed black with Swarovski crystals for its finishing touch.

I was always fascinated by the mermaids. My mum used to tell us the story of The Little Mermaid, a muggle story. The story of a mermaid who fell in love with a man from a completely different world. She was a mermaid and the guy's a human.