Chapter Eleven

a u r o r a f o r s y t h e

After my last class the next day, I went straight to the Common Room with my parchment and quill. I keep on asking myself if this is the right thing to do or was it because I don't want to ruin everything.

Yes, I have to keep him away from me. This is the right and best thing to do. For myself, for him, and for everyone.

Without thinking twice, I wrote to him.

Malfoy,

How many times do I have to tell you this? You have to stop bothering me and by doing so, I have to avoid you. And please, I beg you, forget everything that happened between us. It meant nothing to me, really. Please, can we just forget that?

Can we just forget everything? As if the 'thing' didn't happen. Can we go back to the time when we hate each other? Please, go back on hating me.

Sincerely,
Aurora

I finished writing the letter.

I didn't mean every word I wrote there. I want to be his friend, yes. I want to know him deeper and not him thrusting deeper inside me.

It's different.

Before, he asked me if I could be his girlfriend and it made me melt internally. I don't want to assume anything from him because it wouldn't be fair if I do. And I knew how he made me feel.

He's capable of making me happy, laugh, he helps me study and ace my courses, he even satisfies my achings.

Nevertheless, I don't want sex to be the primary factor of a relationship. And that is the reason why I'm afraid to admit that maybe, just maybe, I fell in love with him because I value honesty, loyalty, kindness and above all, genuine love in which I couldn't see him offering.

I was about to leave and go to the Owlery but before I can stand, someone approached me and whispered behind my back.

"Is there something wrong?" asked a familiar voice, covering my eyes. I know it's one of the twins. Its George.

"Nothing's wrong." I replied shortly, sighing, "Actually, there is something wrong. Last night, before I sleep, I thought about Draco."

"Did you just say Draco?" he uttered, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes, Georgie." I smiled, "I don't think he is the problem." I breathed in heavily, "I think I am the problem. I think I am avoiding him because-"

George interrupted "Because you like him and you're afraid to admit it to him, to everyone, and even to yourself." he paused as he clears his throat before continuing, "I was about to ask you out for a date at Hogsmeade because I thought you like me. So I told myself, 'Why not give it a try?', but then as I observe you everytime, the tone of your voice seems to be a bit different when we are talking about Malfoy."

"Are you mad?" I asked softly, in a very timid tone.

"I'm not mad at you, Aurora. I'm just disappointed." he said in a very low tone, "But I came up of the thought that some things are meant to stay the way it was before and that some friends are just meant to be friends."

All of a sudden, Hermione stormed inside the Common Room with Harry and Ron trying to hold her back.

"What do you think you are doing, Aurora? Do you think we wouldn't knew about it? That he's trying to hook you?" she furiously interrogated, arms crossed, eyes narrowed, "For goodness' sake, Aurora, he's Malfoy, the guy who is tormenting us our whole lives," she continuously pronounced as I lower my head in shame, "I really am disappointed in you." she said as she stand in front of me.