Chapter Thirty

a u r o r a  f o r s y t h e

"Happy Christmas, Draco."

The first three words I uttered when I came back to my senses.

I was looking at the necklace he gave me and the ring Narcissa gave me last Christmas. I was astonished by its beautiful shimmer, glowing in the dark.

After what happened that night, I don't think I can still go out wonder around the corridors of the castle alone.

The old Aurora is back, the one who loves Draco. The one who doesn't want to lose him. The one who will do everything to make him happy in every way possible.

But there's something missing.

Draco.

Draco's gone and I don't know if he'll still come back. That's how I know I really love him; when I see him happy even if he's not with me anymore and it's my fault because maybe if I took time listening to him or him to me or express how we really feel about each other instead of making love, then perhaps we'll understand each other more.

But I didn't regret that because it's always been him, from the moment I introduced myself to him, I knew I wanted him in my life. My only question is, did I really deserve all the pain, suffering, and lies that I am experiencing right now?

As usual, holiday ends and new lessons begins. We were still rooting for Harry's return together with Ron and Hermione. I am sure they will return but uncertain of the exact day they will come back.

Some people thought he's a coward and now hiding in his tiny lair but for us who knew him very well since first year, we don't think he is a coward and I believe he's doing progress hunting down those fucking horcruxes.

Everyone's filled with hope in their minds as they wake up every day, the only power left to us after Professor Dumbledore died tragically.

Ginny, Neville, and I are waiting for Luna's return, worriedly. Of course I am worried about Luna, knowing that she's the most genuine person I've ever met; the only one who didn't judge me, the only one who supported me without thinking twice and the only one who sees the beauty in danger.

Death Eaters came on board and took her because Mr. Xenophilius Lovegood's anti-Death Eater approach in the Quibbler which I think is factual and actually makes sense.

Luna is the type of friend who would never forget to write and update what she's been doing which is what I am worried about because she's not responding or informing us. On the bright side, we're thinking she's safe now, home with his father.

Neville, staring blankly on the newspaper asked, "Do you think she's alright?" he queried, putting down the newspaper and sighed.

I can feel she likes Luna and he is afraid to tell her.

"Of course she is, Nev." I nodded and flashed a consoling smile to give them hope that Luna's doing great with his father.

I followed Ginny's eyes and saw Draco, upset, mad, sad, I don't know. It just felt wrong. His hair isn't neat and it was unruly than usual, he's not wearing his vest and his cloak, just his white button-up, half untucked and neck tie that's untied neatly, hanging loosely around his neck.

"Aurora, don't you think-" Ginny muttered, turning her eyes on me but before she could finish what she's going to ask me, I knew what it was and I nodded.

"I was thinking about that too, Gin." I replied, "It's not impossible given that Death Eaters are the ones who kidnapped her. But how am I to do that when in the first place he doesn't like me anymore? It was the only way to get in to their lair." I sighed, "I will do anything to bring back Luna. She doesn't deserve to suffer like that." I leaned forward and whispered, "I'll persuade him, seduce him if necessary."