Chapter Forty-seven

astoria greengrass

I don't know what bad spirit possessed me to do that, but I wanted this. I have been dreaming of this since then. Draco's body were on mine while I'm hugging him ever so tightly as if I was inside a fairytale.

"Astoria? Astoria? Where are you, sweetheart?"

It's Mother!

Then it hit us, especially me, that made the both of us move away from each other's body, although I was the only one hugging him.

"Oh, sweetheart, you're there —" Mother's eyes dilated when she saw Draco. "Draco, dear, what happened to you? Why are you all soaked up?" Mother's eyes moved from me to Draco, then back to me and we both avoided her gaze.

Mother approached Draco and inspected him with her sweet honey eyes. "Draco what happened to you?" she repeated.

Draco stared at me directly in the eyes. His cloudy eyes were a shade darker compared to its normal color... I pulled my eyes away because again, I felt the urge to hug him, kiss him even.

"Uhm, Mother, h-he saved me from drowning just now." I storied to my mother when Draco remained silent, standing like a statue of a Greek god.

"Drowning?!" her eyes became even wider with her jaws locked open. "You almost drown yourself, Astoria?"

"I-I suddenly experienced cramps, Mother."

"But are you okay now?" she worriedly asked and scrutinized my body, caressing my arms with her loving hands while I bob my head.

"Astoria, sorry— oh my gosh!" Daphne barged in and paused when she saw Draco, dripping with water.

She obviously took a shower. She's now wearing her clothes for the dinner while holding the bathrobe and towel that I asked her earlier.

I swiftly drew closer to her and grabbed the bathrobe in her hands. After I dressed myself, I grabbed the towel on Daphne's shoulders. I gently strut closer to Draco and he's shivering. I handed him the towel and he covered himself with it.

Holy cricket! How can he still look handsome by just shivering? Not just handsome but sexy, too. I am throbbing real fast and I couldn't care less.

"Thank you, Draco, for saving my daughter." Mother murmured while Draco's flashing a small smile in his pale face.

"No problem, Ma'am." Finally, Draco replied. "It's just that... I'm soaked with water..."

"Oh, don't worry. We have clothes that you can borrow and I'm sure that would fit your body perfectly, dear. It's stored in our guest room. You can as well clean yourself and change there. I'll be the one to tell this to Narcissa and Lucius."

"Thank you, Ma'am."

"Astoria, show him the guest room."

I paused. I want to shake my head and refuse because of the awkward silence between us, especially what I did a while ago to Draco. But, he would not be soaked up in the water if it wasn't because of me. I secretly sighed in defeat.

At the end, I nodded my head.

"Daphne, come with us." I invited Daphne, for me not to be alone with Draco. Because I don't want to do stupid things that would ruin my reputation in front of him.

But my sister teasingly eyed on me, narrowing her eyes and shook her head with a huge smirk in her face.

"Oh, no, Astoria. I'll help Mother to prepare for the dinner. Right Mother?" she held Mother's arms and slightly rolled her tongue out of her lips.