Chapter Twenty-six

a u r o r a f o r s y t h e

I went to Muggle Studies early to avoid Alecto Carrow. I want to sit as far as I can, away from her. I don't want to ruin my day by looking at her.

I'm trying to be optimistic but as long as I see her face and her brother, Amycus Carrow, I couldn't hold back my emotions. Why you may ask? They're tormenting students here.

Later on, the classroom was field with students.

"Tell me what exactly are Muggles?" announced Alecto as she enters the classroom. "No one? I bet everyone wants to be tortured." she laughed devilishly, "Cruciatus? Imperius? Or maybe Killing Curse?" she added, "I say Muggles are filthy."

"I disagree." I replied out of nowhere, not so loud but everyone heard it. "Not all Muggles are dirty. Not because they're different from us." I defended, "I say filthy Muggles are those who commits crimes."

She's glaring at me, walking to where I was sitting.

"I know you'll say that. Your friends are blood-traitors if I am not mistaken." she seethed, "Very well, then. See you later after class."

Everyone's staring at me, afraid of what might come next for answering the question that was supposed to be answered according to her perspectives and what she believes; that Muggles are dirty-blooded and they should be killed.

On the corner of the room was Malfoy, not minding what's happening around him, to me. I mean, I wouldn't blame him, you know? I pushed him away.

I am not afraid to be tortured or whatever.

Why does it feel like the time ticks so slow when I want to get out in such scenes?

It's been an hour now and I want to leave this exhausting class. After decades of waiting, finally, it's time to leave this hell of a classroom.

I hurriedly clutched my things and walk away but as I walk away, someone grabbed my arm, grabbing it so tight until my skin turned red.

"I can't wait for you to be punished." uttered Alecto as she makes sure there's no one left, locking the doors and windows.

"I didn't do anything, let me go." I debated while pushing her hand away but before I could fully remove her hands on mine, I was weakened by a spell; Cruciatus Curse.

I feel miserable and weakened. Maybe she's right for using Cruciatus Curse on me. If this will end all of my dilemmas, I would gladly accept it.

I feel frail and vulnerable and anytime, I would lose my life, but someone suddenly arrived that made the doors explode.

My eyesight isn't stable but I can see two people entering the room, both dressed in black.

"Alecto, you couldn't just use Torture Curse to a student as part of discipline." said a familiar voice, Snape's voice. "Bring her to the Hospital Wing." he ordered to the other one with him.

He's not speaking but as he carries me in his arms, I can smell a very intimate smell of subtle cologne.

"You're so foolish." he murmured stiffly, "You're going to get yourself killed."

His smell was astonishing, his breath, his clothes, his body. I kept my eyes closed but I know this was Malfoy. I want to walk by myself but I couldn't.

It felt like I was electrocuted or much worse than that. It felt empowering to survive a curse, and now I know how it felt like to be tortured just like what happened to Neville's parents but what happened to me was different.

I was saved from being tortured to death by the man I once loved.

I was saved by the man I still love.

"I know you're going to save me, Malfoy." I whispered weakly, smiling, "You heard what she told me and you know she will do that to me that's why you came back." I added, fluttering my eyes open, looking at him as he walks towards the Hospital Wing, not minding if I'm staring at him or not.

"No." he replied defensively, "I forgot my quill that's why I came back. Besides, why would I save you? You wanted to be punished right?"

I didn't anticipate that from him. I can save my life, yes, and I insisted to play with fire and this is the outcome of playing with fire.

I played the fire with him and now I am the only one left burning while he coolly lives his life. And today, I gave Alecto Carrow reasons to kill me, and yes, I did, knowing that Malfoy will be there to save me.

He laid me down gently on top of the bed of the Hospital Wing; the exact bed where he laid his back when he was sick. Right after he laid me, he marched away without looking back or checking if I'm fine. No one is here and I am alone.

Alone in the dark.