Ruben Loftus Cheek Deaf

For your whole life you were deaf, no matter what you tried you would never get your hearing back.

You were always scared off dating, but when you met Ruben he was amazing from the start, always wanting to learn sign language for you, and you cried the first time he was able to sign a whole sentence for you.

You were going to one of his fulham games, even though you couldn't hear the crowd, you always tried to imagine what it was like, with having no hearing it meant you had a wild imagination.

You were sat up in a box, with his family, his family knew some sign language, and would always try there best to communicate with you, which you really appreciated it.

They were away getting drinks when the door opened, of course you not noticing since your hearing, you were scrolling through your phone.

"hey" one of them said, they didn't know you were deaf since Ruben recently moved to Fulham "umm hello? you deaf or something?" they continued to try speak with you, until they gave up and headed away to there seats.

The match sadly ended Arsenal's way a 3-0, to be fair fulham never got into the game.

You were waiting for Ruben in a room, you were getting something to drink when you felt arms on your waist.

"hey there" you said, and saw Ruben signing back asking how you enjoy the game "it was okay, sad you didn't win" he signed back something like we never got into the game, even though you had been dating a little over a year he still struggled with some of the signing which is why he started getting you too help him learn some more of it.

You went back to eating when suddenly some people came over, some were team mates with some of there girls, you saw one of the open there mouth which you guessed meant they were talking to you, you never learned lip reading finding it ridiculously hard

"oh she can't actually understand you guys she actually deaf has been her whole life" Ruben said while also signing to you making sure you knew what  he was saying "oh so that's why she didn't reply when we said hi to her, i'm so sorry, i asked her if she was deaf i'm a horrible person" one the girlfriend said "oh no don't worry about it, no one can ever tell if your deaf" Ruben said "so she's been deaf her whole life?" a team mates of his asked "yeah, nothing had worked so far, but we just got to keep hope" Ruben said while pulling you into hug "i think we are going to head home" Ruben said while signing to you saying you were leaving now "bye" you said, you never heard your voice which always made you self conscious, some of the other wives and girlfriends waved there hands there way of saying bye, since none of them knew sign language.

You headed home, and ended up putting on a movie, of course with the subtitles, and soon enough headed to bed.