Marcus Rashford

You and Marcus had met when you were both 16 years old, he was crazy in love with football, and you were working hard on your studies, you wanted to become a doctor, from a young age it was your dream.

You had been together for 7 years, when something snapped, you were both crazy in love with each other, but there was never time anymore, you were busy with work, and he was busy with football.

You had both decided to mutually end the relationship, there was so much love, but at the time it was the best thing to do.

Since then you continued with your job, and trying to put your full focus to that, but it was hard, Marcus was in the news a lot, with his food banks donations, but most of all his poor form, but what hurt the most was people blaming you, his fans had found out about the break up, and took his side, believing it was your fault, and down to you that he had hit a rock of bad form.

"Oh hey what are you doing here?" you asked Marcus "Your mum invited me, she said you wouldn't mind" he replied, it was your sister wedding day, you were a bridesmaid, and you were making sure everything was fine before her big walk out "Of course it's ok, you were basically family" you replied, feeling an awkward silences "Well i better find my seat, i'll see you afterwards" Marcus said before walking away.

The whole time, you couldn't help but look at Marcus, he was sat with his mum, who had obviously got invited, since you had been childhood sweethearts it's no lie you and his family became so close, it was practically a family, it was just waiting for you and Marcus to be engaged which somehow never happened.

"Why did you invited him?" you asked your mum, you had pulled her away from some guests she was speaking too, it was no lie it hurt you seeing him here, there was still so much love on your side.

"What do you mean?" she asked back "I mean why did you invite Marcus?" you replied back "Because they are still family friends, just because you and Marcus broke up, still doesn't mean i can't see them anymore" she snapped at you "It's unfair on my end, i need to move on, maybe you should try too" you snapped back, before walking away.

You had no idea how long it's been, but you are pulled back into reality when you feel someone sit down next to you.

"What are you doing here?" Marcus asked "Getting away from everyone" you replied back, not exactly feeling the need to small talk with your ex.

"You know this breakup was also hard on me" Marcus piped up after a few seconds "I still very much love you, and care for you" he added on "Then why did we break up?" you asked "I have no idea, we let our jobs get in the way, we threw out a 8 year relationship for no good reason" he said "I still love you" you said "I still love you" he also said, before you were pulled into a kiss.

marcusrashford ✔️

liked by Jesselingard manutd 892,388

marcusrashford through thick and thin
tagged yourusername

Comments limited