Reece James

You had been dating Reece for a good couple weeks now, it started off slowly, both agreeing to take thing slowly, not rush into anything that might not work out.

You were a football fan, but not of a premier league team, you had grew up supporting Forest Green Rovers, a team in league two, you remembered how your dad always took you to there home games, during Covid times you had moved back in with your parents, you had lost your job, which meant you could barley afford your apartment, and they were more than happy to let you back in your old room.

After Covid you had gone back to your apartment, it was in the centre of London, you were back up running on your feet, you found a well payed job, a new romance, your life was going amazingly.

That was until you found out your dad had a rare condition, there was no treatment for it, you had to accept the fact that your dad was dying, it was hard for you and your mum, but you were having to put on a brave face on.

Reece was there for you, we could never imagine going through the pain of losing a parent, he would be there for you at anytime you needed him, he could be fast asleep and you could phone him, just needed someone to talk to you, within 20 minutes he would be at your house.

Your dad had passed away a late friday night, you and your mum were both by his side, you both got to say goodbye to him.

You had decided to stay with your mum for a bit, she had been married for 30 years, and suddenly he was all gone.

You became quite distance with Reece, he had texted you, asking if you want to get out the house for a bit, and go on a walk, your short answer was always no.

When the day of the funeral came around, you were very surprised to see Reece and his sister, you had met her when you got your family together.

You decided to go speak to him, you knew it was the right thing to do, you made sure to tell your mum where you were going, before heading over to Reece.

"hey there" you said, grabbing his attention "hey" he smiled back "can i speak to you? Privately?" you asked "yes sure, your gonna be ok here?" he asked his sister "of course i will be, y/n i'm really sorry about your dad, we can't imagine what your going through, our parents sent their love, and there sorry they can't be here" Lauren said, with a small smile on her face "thank you, it means a lot" you said.

You grabbed Reece hand, before walking out the room, and into a private room.

"i'm sorry, i've been ignoring you these past weeks, it was rude of me" you said finally speaking up, "don't be stupid, you were going through such a hard time, i completely understood, you needed some space, i get that, i shouldn't have pushed you so much" Reece said, feeling bad, you could tell "no, you had every right to try get me out the house" You said grabbing onto his hand "thank you for everything though"

After a couple minutes of talking, and catching up, you headed back into the room, you saw your mum talking to some of your dad side of the family, you decided to stay with Reece.

"hey can i ask you something? you can say no, i don't might" you asked Reece "of course you can" he replied full attention on you "can you come to the forest green rovers game with me on Saturday? For my dad? he was the biggest fan ever, it's just since you play at home Sunday" you were nervous to hear his answer "of course i will, i'll pick you up, early Saturday and we can go out for Lunch" he replied "thank you" you replied.

Your dad had continued going to the games without you, making a few friends, you had gone with him a couple times, if you had the day of from work, or if you had free time, he went to a couple away matches, and enjoyed every moment of it,

There will be a part 2 to this, once Forest Green Rovers play today, so it might be up today or tomorrow