The Legacies

Here's to the new generation! Tweet about the story with hashtags:

#mandaleeff #IO2BK_NCT on twitter!

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

SM, Asia

Lee Haechan had never once thought that his son would end up in SM, Asia. He took pride in it—that Haesung was an amazing student and seen as the perfect son. Little did he know that his stepson had hacked into a crypto wallet and might have ended up dead would his cousins not have come to save him.

But after a long long talk, Haechan finally agreed that Haesung needed the protection. Because of that, he'd have to study in SM, Asia. He'd graduate later than the rest, of course, but he already knew the basics. There wasn't much to teach him. He knew how to build, knew how to hack... He just needed proper guidance and that was why Ms. Taengoo and his Uncle Chenle would be the one taking him in.

That was when they realized that Hollowmoon was the opposite of Fullsun, his stepdad's code name. Haechan teared up a bit after that and after a very touching and emotional conversation, Haechan thanked Haesung for being alive and that he'd do everything for him.

Haesung had never felt so accepted in a place until he came to SM, Asia.

He had gotten hurt in the mission, tasting how it was like to have glass in his hand and wondering how his cousins treated it like a papercut. Lee Haechan decided that there was no place safer than SM, Asia for his son, especially with all his trusted friends and family on the island.

Hacker-Tech, that's what he'd be, and Lee Haesung couldn't be any happier. He was even happier when he saw Jung Seoul, Jung Jaehyun's daughter who was a medic—the female tending to his wounds and shooing him out of the labs even if he wanted to stay just a little bit more.

He had to eat lunch with his cousins and Lee Haesung sat across from Billy who was still being a little bitch about Dinah leaving. He glanced at the hamburgers and fries; the lunch of SM Asia changed to cater to the Americans.

"To cater to the Americans." Jamie made a face. "Three Americans, Haesung. Three."

The 23-year-old new student of SM, Asia blinked at the female. He had always known about the rivalry between the Americans and the Koreans (Including Jonah and Dinah who were definitely not using European as an identity trait), but he never understood why.

Billy sniffled over his untouched burger, texting aggressively to Dinah when Haesung spoke.

"Jung Seoul is pretty," he began, Billy looking at him through his moist eyes.

"Jung Seoul is a killer," Billy told him, deadpan. "A medic, you say? She did her dissertation on 101 ways how to kill someone with poison. You really want to get involved with a girl like that? It's always the silent types that are scary."