365 days

a/N: The one with smut can be found on AFF but I'm not including it in this version!

Approximately a year later

Johnny sat in the meeting room with Tae-il and Sungchan who were behind him, staring at the man that was there for an investment. It was quite a huge amount, definitely something that would make a change to one part of the company—branching the company out into other areas and possibly making it a first mover. 900 million won as capital was more than enough for a small company to invest and make it grow. Johnny brooded over it, the man showing him the proposal.

Jeno sat beside Johnny, the male being Johnny's right hand as the two profilers whispered behind the CEO. Jeno shot them a glance and they faltered, Johnny finally nodding and reaching for the pen when Tae-il grabbed Johnny's hand mid-air making the male look up in surprise.

"Uh. Got to talk to you, Mr. CEO," Tae-il said and Johnny sighed. Again, he knew the former agents were paranoid when it came to people but Johnny knew better than to stop them from telling him what was on their mind. Sungchan and Tae-il pulled him out of the meeting room, finally turning to him.

"Turn it down," Tae-il said and Sungchan nodded. Johnny blinked.

"It's 900 million won. It's just a—"

"Johnny, turn it down. Something is suspicious about him..." Tae-il lowering his voice. "He's fishy."

"And I second that. When I say fishy, I smell literal fish." Sungchan said and Johnny chewed on his bottom lip, rubbing his head. "You can get 900 million won somewhere else, Johnny. This guy... bad news."

"Did you even try to get a background check on him?" Johnny asked, Tae-il nodding.

"He owns a fishing boat. How, Johnny, how... did he get 900 million won?" Tae-il demanded. "Turn it down, Johnny. If you don't—"

"Fine." That was all Johnny said. Working with friends was one thing he wasn't used to, but the past year, he had been coping. He was used on making decisions alone but at this point, Johnny knew that he valued their friendship more than anything else.

So, he went back into the room and turned down the deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------