the final mission

What exactly do you want me to do?

Hug her.

Are you out of your mind?

I am your mind. Hug her.

Not even questioning my brain, I stepped forward, my eyes strained on Doctor Huang when I reached out to her. She flinched and Mingyu was about to step forward when I wrapped my arms around her and laid my head on her shoulder.

That's it.

I am going to puke.

Tell her you need her. Lie your way out of it, remember she knows nothing about what is going through your brain.

"I was trying to find you but you were gone," I said softly, my face against her shoulder when Doctor Huang pulled away, her eyes searching mine while I stared straight at her.

Better love story than twilight.

I will fucking kill you.

"Why were you trying to find me?"

"Because I need you," I said back, blinking slowly and she frowned.

"Mhm... interesting. But no hugging, child," she said, pushing me away before leading me by the elbow to the seat before pushing me down. I sat down, Doctor Huang seating herself in front of me when she tilted her head. "Johnny Suh. You remember him?"

"Yes."

"How do you feel about him?"

Tell her nothing. Tell her that you have no weaknesses.

"Nothing."

"You don't feel like you want to kill him?"

But I do want to kill him.

Yes, I know but that's besides the point.

"No," I replied and she nodded to herself.

"Amazing...." She smiled. "So, unlike the rest with the Marvel drug who wants to eliminate their weaknesses and kill the people they love, you have no weaknesses at all. You automatically got rid of them. Oh well, one—which would be me, no?"

"Yes."

"I really need to find out how to remake the Marvel-U," she said, pressing her lips together. "And when you look at me, what do you feel?"

"I need to be with you."

"Oh, child."

And for a moment, I saw her eyes soften and it had occurred to me that she was still a mother. A very fucked up one at that but still a mother and I watched as she hummed to herself, standing up and moving towards me. She knelt down, smiling before tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You are so beautiful," she whispered. "Imagine hundreds of you."

Okay, never mind. She was still crazy.