D.A.N.A

I think we lost track of time because we decided to continue on our contraption

I think we lost track of time because we decided to continue on our contraption. I also think that Moon Tae-il was the one enjoying it much more than we were and even if he came to supervise us, he was the one giving us very dangerous ideas on how to make the contraption. He and Haechan sat there discussing on how to create a spark in order to start a small fire in front of the lighthouse. We were almost done and all we had to do was to connect the net of balloons to the inside of the house.

Jaemin and Renjun were massaging their jaws because they had filled the balloons with air. Renjun had also made the banner and it was beautiful, Mark trying to stick it to the wall when the door opened and Johnny stood there, eyeing all of us.

We froze.

"Alright, get out. All of you," Johnny said and everyone gave out an "Awwww.".

"Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes, Johnny! We need to show you the contraption! We're almost done!" Mark said and Johnny sighed.

"Fine. I need to shower anyway. I smell like gun powder and... death." He grabbed a towel before turning to wag his finger at us. "But once I'm out, I want each and every one of you gone. Understand?"

"Yes," they all said and Johnny grabbed a change of clothes before he shut the door.

"Fast, fast, fast." I found myself saying. "Renjun, help Mark put up the banner."

"We need to connect the spring to the bell," Haechan said, all of moving around so we could complete what we were working on so we could show Johnny our masterpiece. Jisung was already done with what we were doing and he adjusted the dominoes on the floor. Jaemin stood outside, putting the balloons into the net before tying it loosely so it could get let out easily.

We sat there, waiting for Johnny when I heard the water stop running and Johnny opened the door.

"Now!" Tae-il said and we pulled the string, the dominoes toppling all over the floor before hitting a bell that slid across the room, the banner opening up when it stopped there, a nail shooting out from one of Mark's devices to a small bottle of water filled by the door. Johnny blinked and—

Silence.

"I thought it was supposed to explode?" Mark whispered loudly.

Bang!

And the bottle exploded.

"Welcome home, Johnny," We all said and Johnny raised an eyebrow.

I heard a rustle and gasped, rushing to grab Johnny's hand to pull him outside. The balloons! I pushed him out the door and all of them followed us just in time to see the net release the balloons into the air. The fact that they were glitter made them so much prettier, except that they weren't filled with helium but with normal air. So, the balloons danced around the lighthouse instead of up into the air and Jaemin giggled at the sight. I saw him reach out to hug Renjun and Jeno, his face lighting up at the sight.