sit down!

If you enjoyed, send me a tweet about the story with hashtags:

#mandaleeff #IO2BK_NCT on twitter!

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

Kyungsoo was in his room, his back turned against the door

Kyungsoo was in his room, his back turned against the door. The mission was... successful. It left Kyungsoo satisfied and he had seen a side of Oh Dana he had never seen before. Her versatility and her ability to adapt to situations reminded him of her—Kyungsoo shook his head. There were so many things people didn't know about SM but even Kyungsoo was trying to move forward to improve the school's system.

Kyungsoo heard a knock on the door and when he turned around, he saw Jung Jaehyun peek inside the room. What a good-looking child, Kyungsoo thought. Jaehyun was a gentle man and Kyungsoo always saw him give nothing less than a hundred and ten percent off or on the field. Jaehyun had a talent for sciences.

"Jeff—" He paused, reverting to using Jaehyun's real name. "Jaehyun."

"Yes, D.O," Jaehyun said, stepping into the room carefully. "You called for me?"

"Yes, yes." Kyungsoo motioned to the seat, Jaehyun slowly lowering himself onto the chair. "A few things I want to ask you about."

"Yes, sir." Jaehyun was always polite and Kyungsoo admired him for it. If there was one person who was normal in SM, it would be Jaehyun. He did his work, had a good heart, and never caused trouble even once. Jaehyun clasped his hands together.

"How long have you known Oh Dana?" Kyungsoo asked, Jaehyun frowning. Kyungsoo wanted to know the underlying reason as to why she couldn't feel pain. Jaehyun chewed on his bottom lip and he knew Kyungsoo's reason in asking him but a part of him felt like he was betraying Dana's trust.

As if he hadn't already betrayed it by lying to her about SM.

"It's okay child, whatever you say will remain between us," Kyungsoo said and Jaehyun nodded, knowing Kyungsoo kept his promises.

"I was her neighbor; my house is next to hers and we met in kindergarten so I can say that we're childhood friends," Jaehyun told Kyungsoo. "Her parents weren't very present when she was a child and they were often overseas so she was practically raised by Sehun."

Kyungsoo nodded, Jaehyun continuing to speak. "So, when Sehun disappeared, I heard she lost it for a while but at that time I was—"

"You were already here in SM." Kyungsoo finished his sentence for him and he could see a flicker of guilt on Jaehyun's face. He really did care about Dana and it gave Kyungsoo a sense of comfort that Jaehyun regarded her as a friend. "Is there a reason why she doesn't feel pain?"

Jaehyun looked up at Kyungsoo in surprise, but it was obvious to conclude that. Kyungsoo wasn't stupid, Jaehyun thought. He would have noticed it.

"Oh Dana comes from a rich family and she was once kidnapped. I don't know the details but it was when she was around 6 or 7," Jaehyun said, Kyungsoo listening intently. "She was taken for 13 days, if I remember correctly."