you're my jeffrey now

After leaving Jaehyun, Yuta and I went onto the helicopter and I wish I could say it was romantic, but it wasn't

After leaving Jaehyun, Yuta and I went onto the helicopter and I wish I could say it was romantic, but it wasn't. It was hilariously loud and I was too engrossed in my surroundings to even talk to him, but Yuta didn't seem to mind. He had a skill of his own and he was concentrating on making sure we weren't going to die. I found myself looking at the island SM was built on. It was a man-made island, bigger than I expected. Beyond the school were warehouses, roads and buildings that I did not expect and it was the first-time seeing places beyond the walls of the place that was educating me to kill.

Yuta was watching me closely and Yuta, like Johnny, was always hard to read. As we took a few rounds, the helicopter then landed near the transportation area.

"Helicopters need to be ridden once in a while," Yuta told me, tugging off his gloves. "We have to often bring them up, it's part of the maintenance process."

I hopped off the helicopter, running my hands over the red stripes painted on it and Yuta motioned me over so we could sit by the bleachers of the race track. We were alone and I preferred it that way. I sat beside him, leaning back as we began to slowly sink into silence. Yuta turned to me for a second and then he smiled.

"Hey, Yuta," I suddenly blurted out. "Guess what?"

"What?" he asked, and I could suddenly hear the concern in his voice.

"Just reminding you that you have a very beautiful smile," I told him, smiling. "I hardly see you smile like that when you're with the rest."

"I hardly see you smile too," he told me. "Though you don't have to smile to be beautiful."

"That, I know," I said, chuckling. "Did I tell you I was on Elle magazine with Jeffrey?"

"You were on a magazine with Jaehyun?" he asked, frowning. "No, I haven't heard of it. Why?"

"Because Jeffrey is handsome and I'm rich." I sighed. "Back in the day, Jaehyun was scouted to become an idol but his parents were doctors so he decided not to take that route. Little did I know, he was here trying to save people."

"Mhm. You know what I've noticed?" Yuta asked and I looked at him. "Other than the fact that you know you're beautiful and rich, you never talk about yourself." He paused. "Maybe besides the fact that you like Happy Feet."

"When your friends with Jeffrey all your life, you tend to realize that it's better to talk about him," I answered. It was true. I depended so much on Jaehyun for emotional and physical support—in the end he was my best friend. I liked talking about Jaehyun... I knew more about him than I knew of myself. "But I'm replacing him soon."

"With Johnny?" Yuta asked and I nodded. "Why Johnny?"

"He reminds me of Sehun," I replied almost automatically.

There was something about Johnny that was similar to Sehun's demeanor—someone who has more to offer than what they show you. Someone who was warm and caring but would discipline you on the spot and wouldn't hesitate to tell you right from wrong. Sehun was like that and I loved him for it, though my personality was molded because of my brother. "And I can say whatever I want to Johnny. He looks like he'll smack me sometimes but I know he wouldn't try to purposely hurt me."