7th sense

The next morning started at 5:30 and everything was calm

The next morning started at 5:30 and everything was calm. The wind was cold enough to feel piercing and Sungchan had already took his place. He yawned, blinking his eyes softly as he tried to stay awake. He had never been on-field missions before and the only thing he could think of was—What exactly could go wrong? He had heard of the rest—Luhan and Tao especially, talk about missions and he often felt envious of them but now that he was trying to stay awake when the sun wasn't even up, he realized that they weren't exactly as adventurous as he thought it would be.

Yet.

And then there was Jaemin, the life of the party, the male having already changed since morning and eaten his breakfast—fresh and determined to get Renjun back. Oh, Jaemin; Sungchan thought as the shock of pink hair could be seen zooming towards the stone walls from far away.

Mingyu's voice was in his ear and Jaemin and Sungchan would get a head start.

"We're in place," Mingyu said. "Go in and I'll escort Joshua in with the rest in thirty minutes. Na Jaemin, be careful—"

"IT'S JAEMIN TIME, BITCHES!" Jaemin screeched, Sungchan jumping as he watched Jaemin wave frantically, jumping up and down. His hair was blowing with the wind and his hands were in the air as if he was in an EDM concert. To top that off, he began to sing.

"Hands in the air, I don't care! Take me. TAKE ME! I know you want me." He seemed to have choked on his own spit and Sungchan blinked. "RENJUN!"

There was a pause.

"I AM COMING!!!"

Sungchan nervously gripped the few bugs he had in his hand, knowing that he had to stick them against the walls as Shotaro had ordered so he could handle the monitors. He put them in his pocket when the guards began to move towards Jaemin, Sungcham tilting his helmet down so they won't see his face. He quickly grabbed Jaemin by the elbow, pushing him forward as Jaemin visibly relaxed when he saw that it was Sungchan.

There were processed guards coming for them now, Sungchan knew he would merge well with them, the male finally pressing his back against Jaemin's as the men stopped in front of them. Their eyes were blank and Sungchan could tell that they were different.

They all turned, circling Jaemin and Sungchan let go of him, following their actions. The way they marched with rhythm was hard for him to catch up but he finally got a hold of it, moving to the right so he would be by the walls. He slowly grabbed the bugs and finally, both of them were inside the stone walls with Jaemin hopping in the midst of the guards.

Sungchan pressed the bugs against the walls on the way to the study.

"Ouch, calm down, dude. I'm still very sleepy," Jaemin grumbled, trying to keep up with the pace when they escorted him straight to a study.

At first, he didn't see anyone and it was just a huge study with the walls lined up with books. The guards moved around, their backs against the wall and he could see Sungchan quickly pick up the pace, trying not to blink.