we're the new heroes

[Dorm Building]

[Dorm Building]

I walked down the hallway with Johnny by my side

I walked down the hallway with Johnny by my side. He was quiet and he didn't say much but I didn't expect him to. I wasn't anxious, I just felt awkward. Johnny wasn't Yuta and the silence wasn't comfortable like how I liked it. It was tense and I kept sneaking glances at him just to see him minding his own business. I let out a sigh and saw that the day had passed by so fast. The sun was beginning to set and the air was getting cold.

Johnny stopped in front of the room and pushed open the door. Inside, I saw one bed and four cameras on the ceiling. It had an inside bathroom and cupboards where I could put my stuff. I followed him in, Johnny removing his jacket. He flinched when the material rubbed against his injured bicep and he grunted softly from the pain. He walked to the closet and hung up his jacket, rolling his sleeves up. I frowned, scanning the room before asking him a question.

"Where are your things?" I asked him and he jerked his head to the closet. Beside it was a duffle bag and he pulled out a chair and told me to sit down. He was all business, wasn't he?

"You brought the files?" he asked and I nodded.

"I thought it was supposed to be for an on-field mission after we pass this immersive trial," I told him and he nodded.

"It is, but there are character traits in it too for the trial," he told me and I passed him the file. He opened it up, scanning it before giving out momentary hums of 'Mhmm.". I sat in the chair in front of him, frozen. Johnny did not necessarily scare me, but his demeanor was often off-putting and it made me uncomfortable.

He flickered his eyes over to me before placing the file onto the table.

"Read it," he told me before standing up and I nodded, gingerly picking up the papers and staring at it. There were images of a woman and a man. There were bullet points of her basic information. I read it out loud, trying to wrap my head around how to play the character.

"Female: 37. Works a corporate job." I read to myself. "Catholic."

The sound of a cork popping rang through the room and I jumped to see Johnny with a bottle of wine. He had taken it out of his duffle bag and I raised an eyebrow at him. He returned to the table, placing a glass in front of me and one in front of him before sitting down and leaning back.