#back2school

If you enjoyed, send me a tweet about the story with hashtags:

#mandaleeff #IO2BK_NCT on twitter!

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

I was in the meeting room, sitting on my hands to stop myself from moving too much

I was in the meeting room, sitting on my hands to stop myself from moving too much. Kyungsoo could see how jittery I was, the Director of Operations pressing his lips together as we waited for people to gather. I saw both Kun's crew, as known as WayV, come in along with Taeyong and Jeno. Jaemin hopped in, excited for a new mission as Renjun followed suit with Tae-il. I saw all of the people I know come in, even Jisung who looked confused as to why he was called. Chenle walked in from class and I thought that we were complete but Kyungsoo glanced at his watch for a second and didn't say anything.

Doyoung? Was he coming too? What was it that my brother tipped SM? I gnawed on my bottom lip when I saw Chenle's very own nemesis, V moving into the room and taking a seat in the corner. Two hackers? What was happening? How many people were involved in this mission?

Lastly, I saw Mark and Yuta walk in. Yuta's eyes flickered over to me as I sat beside Johnny and he gave me a smile, seating himself by the table. The room was cramped at this point and Kyungsoo stood up; straightening his back to begin the meeting.

"First and foremost." He paused, peering at me through his glasses. "Don't take this personally, Oh Dana. I know this has something to do with your brother but he didn't tell us much."

I was about to say something when Johnny placed a hand on my thigh almost casually, turning to shake his head slightly and I sat back. Right. It was better to hear everything out than to demand answers. Kyungsoo cleared his throat, motioning to Chenle who took his place in front of the laptop.

"We have a tip from Ace," he stated. "that something will happen to the children of the Ong family."

Up on the screen, pictures of Ong Seungwoo, Ong Wooseung, and Ong Harin came up. My jaw dropped, trying to figure out why someone would try to hurt them.

"Ace told us that someone in the syndicate will be sent to kill those in the Ong family. He did not specify why, and he did not specify when. His tip was simple—Protect the children of the Ong family because the people who are going after them will try everything to try to harm them."

"The people who are going after them... Would that be the syndicate?" Taeyong asked, Kyungsoo nodding. "So, D.O.G? After they killed his parents, they are now going after the Ong family? Why?"

"Because my brother was engaged to the Ong Harin." I found myself saying and for a moment everyone looked surprised that I was talking. I bet that for a moment they forgot that I was related to Sehun. "If they killed my parents then the reason as to why they want to harm the Ong family would be related to whatever he did before."

"You're suggesting that they want to threaten him," Taeyong asked me back and I nodded.

"Or, they think that the Ong family know something of whatever he was investigating. Your brother was investigating a lot of things, Dana. His obsession with YG chemicals was just a small part of it," Kyungsoo told me and I sighed. There were a lot of things about Sehun I just found out recently.