prologue: killed

[Korea University]

[Korea University]

"Three people found dead from an alleged suicide.

Citizens from different parts of Seoul were found dead this morning from an alleged suicide. All three suicides happened after six pm and police are speculating a serial killer."

I flickered my eyes over the article on my phone under the table, shaking my head. How pathetic. People these days always liked the easy way out, didn't they? I crossed my legs under the table and leaned back, my eyes still strained on the screen of my phone while the Professor yapped on about inflation. 

"YG Chemicals had arrested one of the main engineers of the plant. A week ago, a gas leak had put the company under hot water. Workers were found dead by the site and the families of the workers have called for support sparking protests all over Seoul."

Boring. It seemed like every day that passed, the world became a little crazier. I jumped at the sudden bell and stood up, flinging my backpack over my shoulder to walk out the door. Classes had just ended and all I wanted to do was to go home.

University sucked, big time. People talked too much, people cared too much about each other's business.

I made my way to the lockers, yanking it open as my phone rang. Answering it, I heard the voice of the private investigator I had hired to find my brother. You got that right-- My brother is Oh Sehun and I'm Oh Dana, the youngest of the Oh family. We stand on pedestals above those below us and I have been raised by your typical absent parents, a caring butler, and a golden spoon in my mouth.

Sehun had been missing for a while and you'd think my rich, conglomerate parents would do something about it but all they told me was to "Calm down" and that he was probably having another one of his "phases".

No. Sehun wasn't the type to just disappear like that.

I answered the phone, hearing the nasally voice of the private investigator speak to me as if I was his friend.

"Dana?" he said and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "I have found a small bit of information about your brother. You say he was studying in some University off the coast, wasn't he? Well, when I called and asked the Director, he said that Sehun hasn't been to school for the last two months."

He couldn't be serious? It had been a month since I hired him and all he could tell me was that Sehun had not been going to class?

"That is exactly why I asked for your services, Mr. Private Investigator. Do you honestly think I would ask for your help if I didn't know that?" I snapped at him, letting out an irritated sigh. "I pay you for a reason."

Fucking twat.

I was paying the man all my allowance to find out where my brother was. Sehun had stopped coming home from university two months ago. Him being the middle child and always somewhat the problematic one, my parents did not give a literal fuck about where he was. I had begged and asked them to find him but all they did was reassure me that he has done this before and not to think too much.