neo confusion technology (nct)

If you enjoyed, send me a tweet about the story with hashtags:

#mandaleeff #IO2BK_NCT on twitter!

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

[Na Jaemin out to get Jeffrey]

The sun had set and we could hear the sound of Jaemin sharpening a kitchen knife from down the hall. I peeked out of my bedroom to see Jaehyun quickly walk into his room. He slammed the door shut, locking it and we heard Jaemin sneer.

"Oh, Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey," Jaemin spoke, his voice deeper than usual. "That's not going to work, Jeffrey—"

"Go away, Jaemin!" we heard Jaehyun yell.

"Oh, I will, Jeffrey. I will go to hell and I'm bringing you with me." A stabbing could be heard and Jaemin stabbed the door with the knife, Renjun walking over with Jeno.

"Jaemin, that's enough."

"What do you mean, that's enough?" Jaemin pouted. "But it's so fun! What are you going to do? Put me to sleep? JENO! Don't you dare! Oh, pretty girl!"

"Go to sleep, Jaemin," I told him and he beamed at me, giving me a flying kiss before I retreated back into my room. It didn't take long for One and Luhan to come, One climbing up onto the bed and asking me to tell him the same story I told him every night.

Cinderella.

So, I began to tell him the story and by the time we reached the part of the fairy god mother, One had knocked out. He fell asleep, his eyes fluttering shut and he began to breathe slow. I looked to the side to see Luhan staring at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, Luhan sighing and turning to smile at me.

"At the fact that since Johnny arrived, you have distanced yourself from us," he said and I blinked.

"Wow, and you say I'm blunt." I managed to tease, Luhan chuckling. I pressed my lips together. "I'm sorry, it's just been very confusing for me. I realize that everything I have been doing is selfish."

"I guessed as much," Luhan said. "I guessed that there was something going on but it also seems like you and Johnny haven't been speaking."

"It's complicated, I guess."

"And I know I make you feel safe but I guess a part of me wanted it to be me who you'd turn to but it seems that Johnny and I are the cause of it." Luhan exhaled. "And I had to get that from reading Jeffrey's experiment proposal."

"Oh my god." I turned red. "Okay, that's pretty embarrassing."

"Yeah, the results were pretty much self-explanatory."

"Luhan, I'm sorry—"

"No, Dana. Please stop apologizing," Luhan said and I frowned. "It's okay to be confused. You've been nothing but honest with me and I appreciate that. Emotions are hard to handle for a normal person and you're far from normal—"