who needs wings to fly?

Ravens pov
Its been a few weeks since me, haku, sen and benji returned back to the bathhouse from hinatas home. Everyone is back to work and me and haku are doing our usual daily patrols "any trouble?" Haku asks "not that I know of" I replied while we walked along the 2nd floor near the banister "so far so good" haku smiled as he wraps his arm around me and pulls me close towards him and kisses the side of my head "I think it's the main 3 specific ones we need to keep an eye on" in the corner of my eye I saw lin and sen "ah yes I agree" haku looks down at the two female workers as we both watched them laughing and giggling amongst themselves "well at least they're not slacking off" I said "true but it's that little guy over there we need to keep a close eye on" i gave haku a confused look and he smirked followed by a slight chuckle "just over there" haku stands behind me and puts both his hands on each side of my face.

Guiding me to where the spirit he was looking at "yeah I see him" I said as I felt haku leaning his chin on my shoulder "wait I never seen him before" I said as I saw a young male spirit that had a bald head "hes a new worker. Apparently, yubaba introduced him to the staff whilst we were away" he said "but why didn't she tell us?" I questioned without taking my eyes off the spirit "I don't know. One of the workers told me about him and that was it" haku sighed "looks like we will have to pay yubaba a visit" my tail curled around my ankles slightly "good idea. I don't think he met us yet" me and haku went to the nearby lift to head up to the top floor. When we got near yubabas office, she knew we were here "I see you knew about the new worker I hired" yubaba smiled "yes. We heard from a few workers gossiping about him" haku replied seriously "it's true. His name is shun hes quite a feisty one" she said "what kind of spirit Is he?" I asked "when he came to the bathhouse he never told me what he was so go ahead and ask him" yubaba fobs us off which meant we're dismissed.

"So apparently she doesn't know what spirit he is" haku said "sounds about right" I replied as we saw shun cleaning the floor "excuse me, may we talk to you for a minute?" shun looked up at us and he got down on his knees and bowed "the almighty nigihayami kohaku nushi" haku looked surprised at the sudden action "yes that is me young spirit and this is my partner. Raven or as in other words mistress raven" shun raised his head up and looks at me "it's a pleasure to meet you shun" I smiled and bowed "let's head to our office so you can introduce yourself" haku smiled while we went to the top floor. When we reached to the very top, we turned left and went in our office.

"Please take a seat" haku said as shun sits on a seat in front of the desk as me and haku sat on the opposite end of the desk "my name is shun. I'm one of the new workers here. A old witch called yubaba told me what I will be doing" shun introduces himself as he struggled to speak slightly "I'm sorry that I can't speak probably I'm just" shun was shocked that he is sat in front of a river god "surprised" haku smiled as shun nodded his head up and down quite big. Almost hitting his head against the desk "careful you don't want to injure yourself" haku said feeling concerned "oops sorry" shuns cheeks went pink in embarrassment "its alright" haku chuckled "may we ask what spirit are you?" Haku questioned "I'm a bird spirit. Sir" shun bows his head slightly "we never seen a bird spirit that's a worker before" I said "um I just want to say that I'm quite fast I mean I'm a good flyer" shun explained "any specific type of bird in your bird form?" Haku asked "I'm a falcon, master and mistress" shun replied "how fast can you fly?" Haku smirked as I went wide eyed "haku" I whispered in his ear as I curled my tail around his waist "um quite pretty fast" said shun "hmmm I wonder" haku leans back slightly on his chair.

My tail got caught and I squeaked "ow my tail" I hissed in pain as haku moves forward and picks me up and puts me on his lap "I'm so sorry darling" haku calmed me down as he apologised "accidentally squashed her tail?" Shun tilted his head to the side "yep. She had a accident in the past where it's quite sensitive" haku said as I tried my best to not turn into my dragon form "he can't know that we turn into a dragon" I thought as haku looked at me in the corner of his eye "im sure he knows" haku spoke through my mind "I was thinking" me and haku looked at shun "what is it?" Haku said "maybe since you want to get to know me better would you two wanna go for a fly and talk?" Shun suggested as haku snuggles his face behind my neck.