"Have you ever just," Karma bit his lip in thought. Then, "Realized.. sometimes, that people have feelings too? Like, just.. suddenly be aware of the fact that people are.. well, people? With real feelings, actual organs, and an actual functioning brain?"

"I guess," Gakushuu says despite his brain screaming at him to stop, to tell him to go to bed and forget all of this, because this all feels so unnatural, but he doesn't. "Sort of."

"I sometimes forget people have feelings," Karma frowns, eyebrows slanted. "And that bothers me. Because I feel like an asshole, and overall.. conflicted. The moment the realization dawns upon you.. it's weird, blows my mind."

"Why are you telling me this?" Weirdly, Gakushuu's voice drops an octave lower at this.

"I don't know, to be fair," Karma laughs, but it's shortly lived. And, if anything, a little dry. "Damn, I don't even know why I'm telling you this to begin with. I'm just spewing nonsense at this point," And, the next thing Karma says catches Gakushuu off-guard, "Sorry."

"Oh." Gakushuu swallows, throat feeling heavy suddenly. "I— I'm tired, I think, I should.. go," he says, voice going dry.

"Mmh," It's hard to tell what Karma's thinking now. "Get some shut-eye, okay?"

"Oh," Gakushuu says softly. "Okay."