XXXV

"Let's do something."

I look up from my phone. "What?"

Sasuke crosses his arms, staring straight ahead and not at me. "I'm not repeating myself."

"Fine. What do you have in mind?" I query.

"I'm not sure."

I cross my arms. "Dude. You can't just offer something and then go 'I'm not sure.'" When reiterating his phrase, I do my best impression of his voice, getting the tone down and everything. I thought it was pretty damn good.

"Well, I don't know. Whenever Naru and I hang, he always chooses what to do."

N-Naru? Does Sasuke have a nickname for Naruto? And it's Naru? What the hell...? The world is beyond me.

"So, you're saying when you're by yourself, there's nothing you do?"

He frowns. "There's a lot I do by myself. Doesn't mean I do it with someone."

"Okay..." Glad he's cooperating. "If you want to do something else, come up with something quick or I'm just gonna go back to annoying—"

"Do you play video games?" he interrupts.

Oh, so now you come up with something. Regardless, I smile to myself knowing that I now have a good persuading argument. Sasuke's ultimate weakness! My annoying... self. Oh.

"Do I play video games? Hah, I'm basically a pro!"

I mean, it isn't entirely wrong. I have played video games with my brothers ever since we were young. Kaito and I would always just hang and play video games (since his one-celled brain can't do anything else other than that) to better our bond. Those years of practice have stocked up, giving me some good experience points. No, I'm not a pro, but maybe that will give me confidence. Won't know until we find out, I guess.

"So," I start. "What are we gonna play?"

Sasuke hops from his spot on the couch to the edge of the coffee table, reaching for a stack of video games. "A game."

"Brilliant. Never woulda thought."

He turns to me while still flipping through games. I hope those games he just skipped weren't really good ones because I'm going to be bummed if they were. Without saying anything, he ends up finding some game to play and swiftly swaps the disk with the one that was already in play. After inserting the disk, he hops over to the couch and hands me a controller. "Don't disappoint me."

"Hah, you're gonna wish, Uchiha," I reply and snatch the controller out of his hand and take note that it's a PlayStation controller.

"Is that a threat?" He plops down on the couch next to me, taking a glance at me.

"You're gonna get your ass whooped."

"I'd like to see you try."

My lips curve upwards, but the humorous gleam still sparkles in my eyes. Up until now, all Sasuke and I have ever done was talk to each other, but we've never actually done something together. We've only really 'been friends' for a week now, but you'd think we would've at least have done something during that time. The feeling is foreign to me.

We both turn back to the display screen and watch as the opening credits fade in and out. The soft music drowns out the soft thunder rumbling outside. And just as the screen revealed the game, I nearly jumped.

"Yes!" I cheered, whipping over to him. "Oh, you are so going down!"

"Feeling confident, are we?" he mocks with a smirk.