XX

After what felt like an eternity, I finish my second cleaning duty. Now I just have to get paper towels to dry up the water the drenched mop can't absorb. I leave the bucket by the wall, the mop inside of it so it doesn't soil the ground any more than it already has. Then I'll have to make multiple trips just to throw all the paper towels away, I mean, Jashin, why does fate have to make all the work I do be tedious!

Sighing, I turn on my heel and go to walk to the bathrooms only to bump into someone. I stumble backward, surprised.

"Sorry, I just—"

The guy I bumped into sends a chilling glare which I'm tough enough to now hold without cowering. At this point, I could roll my eyes at him had I not been so frustrated.

"Oh, it's you."

I can already hear his remark. He held back, but I knew he was thinking 'Don't sound too enthusiastic' or some stupid shit like that. I don't understand why he didn't say any sort of smart comment, and that's what temporarily erased my anger and replaced it with confusion.

Instead, he makes a humming sound before looking down and moving his leg.

My eyes almost pop out of my head as I got super scared with what the hell he was doing with his leg, but I see paper towels on the floor that he was moving around, and my stopped heart begins to beat again. I have no idea what my brain was thinking during then but thank god it wasn't what I had in mind.

I clear my throat, still somewhat shocked. "What are you doing?"

"Wiping this up. What does it look like I'm doing?"

I roll my eyes. There's the snarky remark. "I meant... why?"

As if timed perfectly, he stops wiping the floor and picks up the paper towel. Then, not to be dramatic or anything, he just stares me down for an awkward twenty seconds before saying, "None of your business."

My brows knit together. "If you're just doing this for me—"

"Who said I was doing this for you?"

I clench my teeth. "I'm trying to say that I'm not gonna owe you for doing this."

"Again, who said I was doing this so you owed me later?"

"Because that's just who you are."

"There's the bitch again."

"I've still got water left over if you're ready for round two."

"I'm not sure Iruka-sensei would like that very much."

My lips shut. Yep, he got me there. After looking away, I speak. "You can go to the classroom now. I'm gonna have to clean all of this up so... you'd only get in my way."

"I could."

I squint when I side-eye him. "And? You're not."

He folds his arms. "If I go in there not doing anything, those girls will be all over me including Naruto and all of his—"

Dismissing him, I wave my hand. I wasn't really in the mood to listen to him rant right now. "Yeah, yeah. I get it."

However, being the Uchiha he is, reads me, and says something that catches me off guard. "Do you, though?"

Not wanting to answer, I keep my lips sealed as I grab the damp rag and begin wiping the windows frantically. I keep scrubbing and scrubbing until the light the sun gives off is blinding.

That is until a hand grips my wrist.

"Watch your paws, assho—" I snap.

"Woah, just calm down for once."