LVII

My nightmare was worse than the one I had last week. The details were much finer, the vividness of it all, and I felt everything to a fuller extent. Only, this dream was nothing like last week's.

My body remembered all of the feelings of unwanted touch and the intent, lustful look on his face as he continued to harass me. I remember feeling it all as if it was happening again. We were in his bedroom, the setting the same. I felt sick and weak, but the only change was no one came to rescue me.

I felt everything. Everything. My body shivered in the dream, re-feeling his fingers mess with me over and over again. He played with me some more. He hurt me, again and again, to make me stop sobbing and complaining. He threatened to do this all again if I didn't shut up. But I couldn't stop.

Just as the whole dream ended, now that the demon was satisfied, he hovers over me for a moment before whispering the most terrifying words that night.

"You really do feel amazing."

I bolt straight up in my bed, gasping for breath as the words echo in my head. My shaking arms hold my body as I take in my surroundings, reminding myself I'm at home, and everything I went through again was all fake. The air in my room is cold against my hot sweaty and sticky skin. My hands stick to my shoulders enough that they make a sound when I peel them off. I rub my eyes and head, checking to make sure I'm not overheating. I'm a little warm but nothing too severe.

Involuntarily, I let out a small whimper as memories from the dream slowly make their way back. Just seeing him gives me goosebumps and shudders my body with fear. There's no way I can sleep tonight. Not after that.

With some time, I manage to calm myself down. I push back all the traumatic experiences, whether reality or dream, deep in the back of my mind. I'm cooled down by now, dry sweat giving me a disgusting feeling, and wonder the time. My eyes shift to the alarm clock as it reads 3:46 a.m. As soon as I read the numbers, an unpleasant ball rolls around in my stomach.

Normally, I'd be happy that I woke up at such a time. I'd get to head back to sleep knowing I have at least 4 more hours of rest. Only tonight is the one exception. There's no way I'm going back to sleep. Especially not after what happened.

I rub my eyes once more now that I've adjusted to the dark lighting of the room. If it's 4 o'clock, then Dad should be home now. I'll go check on him and make sure he's okay from the long shift. If he's asleep, then I won't bother tonight until tomorrow morning, if I can even find the courage to tell him.

What if he doesn't believe me? What if he thinks I'm just joking because he knows that I don't want to go to parties and he wants me to engage in social activities? What if he won't listen or won't care and will just take it as a joke? Or what if he does believe me? If he does, will he be afraid of me? Will he like me less? What if he blames me and tells me it's all my fault because I was being stupid enough to let it even happen? What if he grounds me because I made such a foolish mistake? And what if he doesn't even care? Even if he does believe it, he won't bother with it or me at all.

Maybe I shouldn't tell him. I don't want him to think I'm a horrible daughter. I don't need to hear his harsh words. I can't.

Still, I need to check on him to make sure he's okay.

I swing my legs over the bed only to halt before my feet hit the ground—or rather a person instead. My whole body freezes as I stare in disbelief at the figure laying on the floor.

I thought he left.

Sasuke, fast asleep, sits in the most uncomfortable position. His arms are folded across his chest, his head hangs a little low, and he has one knee propped up.