LXVI

A/N: I'm really just messing around with all of this chapter stuff right now. No other reason than for fun. Juicy stuff (actual drama) will come later on. ;) (Also, did not edit, things are a bit busy!)

The cold ocean water slowly crawls up the shore to tickle my feet and ankles as I sit in the sand, just enjoying the peacefulness of the beach. The warm glares from the sun are complimented with a cool breeze to keep my body from overheating but not enough to make me feel the need for a towel. The strong scent of the ocean fills the air, reminding me that I'm really here. The sounds of the waves rolling up, the fizz and the gurgles, calm me.

It was perfect.

I almost fell asleep.

That is until someone decided to shout, "BOO!" from behind me.

Rather than flinching from being scared, I annoyingly tilt my head in the direction of the Sakura.

She giggles. "Wow, I thought I could scare you with how peaceful you looked."

"I was peaceful."

"Well, not anymore!" Sakura pulls my arm, using her brute strength to lift me up like a twig. "Come on, we're all gonna go make sandcastles!"

Still not used to the girl's immense vigor, I say nothing. Although, once she starts dragging me down the beach to the rest of the group, I find myself looking back at my once comfortable spot.

After my talk with Sasuke about CPS, we ended up playing frisbee and volleyball, went into the water to play with a beachball (and got smacked straight in the face with it), and casually swam with and without some boards we found.

Lots of time has passed since then, though I don't remember how long, and I was getting surprisingly exhausted. I feel completely drained of energy, especially with the sun still beating down. Maybe it's a side effect of being outside or being by the water, or maybe I'm dehydrated, but I slowly feel myself falling asleep even standing.

That's why I went to sit by the ocean to rest my eyes, hoping to regain something so I don't trip over my feet. It didn't last long, though.

Maybe the sandcastle building will take my mind off of the drowsiness. I hope it will.

"Great, we're all here!" Naruto exclaimed. "Then we can get into groups!"

"Groups?"

"Yeah, and then it's a contest to see who can make the best sandcastle!"

"Are we timed on this?" Sakura asks, resting an arm on my shoulder.

Oh my Jashin, I'm going to fall. No. I'm a strong, confident woman who will not fall or pass out. I will withstand this and win this sandcastle contest. I can feel my competitive side spiking!

Naruto shrugs. "I mean, probably. I kinda wanna eat after this so..."

"Food," I mumble to myself, not realizing how much I'm craving a snack.

Sakura notices my dazed self and chuckles.

"Okay, then how's a half-hour sound?" Tenten recommends.

"Sounds good!" Kiba throws out a thumbs-up.

"How many to a team?" Neji asks.

"Two!" Naruto holds up two fingers to emphasize his counting capabilities.

"These are gonna be some crappy sandcastles," Shikamaru mutters under his breath.

"Meh, it's for fun," Ino reminds.