XXX

"He said he was meeting you there," she told me, those words enough to ignite my fury.

"He what?" I spit, not meaning to be angry at her.

"Oh no..."

My blood boils under my skin. I know exactly what was going through that moron's head, taking my retrieval as a chance to escape. He clearly didn't want my help, and he was bold enough to leave behind my back. Was he just standing there that whole time knowing I'd have to get his stuff eventually? Was this his master plan all along?

"Where is he now."

She gulps. "He was out the front gate when I dropped him off. I highly doubt he's still there—Wait, where are you going?"

I'm sprinting down the hall when I call back, "Going to find him!"

The trainer sighs. "Does she even know where he's going?"

Little did she know that the infuriated girl had a destination in mind. The one place she knew Sasuke would end up going to eventually, even if it wasn't in this instant. He can go anywhere he wants, but he's limited on money and places considering he can't even walk. It wouldn't make sense if he didn't go there.

Who wouldn't go back home eventually?

That was my deep-in-thought reasoning. In reality, it's the only place I know Sasuke would go to. I don't know the guy that well, how am I supposed to know if he'll run off to a park or some other relative's house?

I make it out the front entrance of the school and dash to the gate. No surprise, nobody is here.

Hmm. I could call a taxi and head over to his place, but how expensive would it be is the question? My money might not be able to cover it. I only brought enough for train rides and concessions.

I whisk out my phone and pull up his place in maps. His house is within walking distance, but I don't have the luxury of time to just walk, or run. Besides, if I'm out for too long in this weather, my CPS will sure take the liberty in jump scaring me. I have one issue on my hands already, I don't need another one.

I tap the train settings and see that I can make it in half the time of walking. So that's my go-to option if the taxis are a definite no.

Hmm.

I guess I'll head by train. If I jog a little, I should shave off a good chunk of time. I won't make it home before he does, but I won't be too far off.

So, I speed past people, rush to make a light, or slow down to time myself just right so I don't stand and wait at all. I J-walk several times on lonely streets just so I have one less crossing to do. I quickly use my card when passing through the train entrance and hop two steps at a time to get to the platform. The train arrives at its predicted arrival, thanks to Japan being very strict on its arrival times. I casually get on and stand, allowing other passengers to take a seat.

Now... I just have to wait. I can't exactly speed up the train, can I? Can't wait faster, right?

My adrenaline crossed with worry and annoyance keep my breathing unsteady. I'm unnerved, even the passengers sitting in front of me can tell.

I can't help it. I'm disappointed in him. I'm mad that he decided to act on his own when he couldn't even just learn to tolerate the company. I went out of my way to make sure he was okay, offer him help, and retrieve his stuff all to make sure that the only thing he had to worry about was his injured ankle, and he left on his own..! He left on his own and he can barely walk.

Why did he have to go on his own? What if he tries to make it to the door and falls and, don't laugh, but can't get up! What if the taxi driver is gone by then, so no one even knows that he's laying on the sidewalk and—