XIII

"Ugh, why not!"

"Drop it, (Y/n)!"

"I will not!" I complain, slapping my hands on my thighs in frustration.

"I will. We're done with this conversation."

"But—"

"No! I am not going to send her a message," he yells, tearing his eyes off the road for only a moment and still somehow maintaining control.

"Dude, did you even see her?! She was gorgeous, kind—"

"Just because you see someone once doesn't mean you know them."

"I know that," I stammer, crossing my arms. "But just because you don't know her doesn't mean you shouldn't even try! I bet you she's perfect."

"I don't care. I'm not in the mood to start a relationship if that's what you're trying for."

"Oh, why not? I've never seen you in a relationship ever. You've rejected every girl that's ever confessed their undying love to you. It's almost as if... you're gay," I conclude, sneaking a glance over to the driver who flinched at hearing the word.

"I'm not gay."

"Bisexual then?"

"No—"

"Asexual?! That makes perfect sense. You avoid almost everyone you talk t—"

"Stop assuming my sexual orientation."

I keep my lips sealed for a couple of seconds, waiting for his nerves to calm down only for me to burst them again. "You didn't deny that last—"

"(Y/n)."

"Sasuke?"

He inhales deeply. He's doing really good at calming himself no matter how annoying I am. "We're stopping at two more places before we head back. Can you please not try to hook me up with random people there? Regardless of gender?"

I gulp when the dark aura around him grows. "Yep. No problem."

"And do not embarrass yourself."

"How do I embarrass myself?"

"You do it without trying, there's no stopping you."

I pursue my lips. "Well, excuse you..." I feel a smirk creep up on my lips. "Sasugay."

"Jashin—I swear—"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I squeal as laughter fills the too quiet of a car. "You have to admit it, though. That was a good one! Hahaha! Get it? C-cause you're—"

"I get it," he snaps.

"Then why aren't you laughing?"

"Because it's not funny."

My giggle starts to die. "Yeah, it was! That was hila—"

"Shut up for the rest of the ride, alright?"

I stare at him not sparing me a glance anymore. I'm sure his sole reason for side glaring me was to scare me from continuing whatever it was I was doing. "Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

"I knew this was a mistake to bring you along."

"Had Sakura been at her house, then we wouldn't have had this problem."

"Oh, so blame it on someone else."

You've got to be kidding me. "Seriously? I was just putting it out there that the reason this all happened was that Sakura was at your house and had Naruto nor you not been around, Sakura and I would still be working on our projects. Naruto got her riled up and Sakura got sidetracked."