XXIV

"Fuck? Is that a way to greet me?"

I narrow my eyes, more because of the pain than anything else.

He shakes his head at my silence. "Still not responding. Even after that confession?"

My lips pursue as I only continue to stare him down. He's acting so nonchalant about this whole situation, even after I straight up told him I hated his guts. It's as if it's not even affecting him at all, whatsoever. I don't know if it's annoying me or not. All I know is that it's not satisfying.

"What, do I have something on my face?" he says with a smirk.

I scoff and roll my eyes so far, they go back into my head and catch a glimpse of my brain. Instead of focusing on him, I try to control my anxiety by studying the fallen objects. They seem to be old, worn-out items that the classes utilized until we got new supplies. Yeah, now I know why I'm hurting so much. This spray bottle? Not empty.

"Hey."

I snap back to him.

"Do you hate me that much that you can't even say a word to me?" he spits, propping one leg up.

Awkwardly, I tilt the spray bottle and read its labels. I'm not ignoring him, I'm just having a panic attack on what to say. Can I say I'm dealing with it well? I'm reading a spray bottle's components. You tell me.

I sigh and turn to the Uchiha after setting the bottle on the shelf behind me. "I'm not ignoring you."

"Funny. Because it doesn't seem like it."

"Well? What is it supposed to seem like?" I scowl.

"Do you always have this attitude?"

"Well, considering I hate your existence, I suppose it makes sense."

He simply narrows his eyes at me, which he casually does to several people, no matter how much they admire him. If he doesn't like them, that's final.

"Then I guess this makes their plan pointless."

"Whose plan?" I question, cocking a brow.

Sasuke gives me a look that read 'you are clearly the dumbest person in the world' to which I mimic. With a sigh, he says, "Naruto and Sakura's."

"What is their plan?"

"You really are deaf."

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, would you care to repeat that?"

"Why? Because you didn't hear me?"

My lips snap shut. You win this one.

"Even I could understand her while you guys were talking outside."

"Fantastic. You're an eavesdropper."

He rolls his eyes. "Do you want to know or not?"

I cross my arms and look away. In the end, though, I reluctantly utter, "Fine."

"Basically, Naruto and Sakura want us to make up."

Unconsciously, I throw my head back with a short-lived laugh. Short-lived because I instantly came to the realization that he wasn't joking. I put together the bits and pieces Sakura was saying to me, about how she couldn't bear us not getting along.

"Naruto said the same stuff she did, so it was easy to put it all together."

"Wow, fantastic, Mr. Detective! You solved the case!" I exaggerate with a forced cheerful expression before reverting back to my annoyed glower.