LXVII

After a couple of seconds of thinking about where Sasuke would've disappeared off to, it dawns on me what he may have been thinking. Just as I figure it out and whip my head over to my sandcastle, all I see is him standing next to it with a look of half-hearted surprise.

"I can't believe you fell for that," he says, maintaining his brood and fighting his own laughter. He then turns around and proceeds toward my sandcastle.

"No, don't destroy it!" I cry, forcing all my adrenaline into my legs in an attempt to stop him. As lead-like, as they feel, my determination to save that one creation was enough for me to push through the discomfort.

Pretending to be oblivious to that idea, he turns around, still with that damned smirk, and says. "What makes you think tha—"

Before he finishes, I did the only thing I thought I could do. I jump, as difficult as it sounds, onto him with hopes of pinning him to the ground and saving mine and Naruto's creation. We both fall, going according to plan and landing with a thud. Our lungs are flattened of air in the process in contrast to the falls in the ocean earlier. It may have been an uncomfortable fall, but it's all for that one artwork.

However, my bright idea to save the day... was not so bright. I should've taken distance into factor because when I popped up my head...

"No!" I cry as I press my hand into the sand that once was such a beautiful construct. "No...!"

What had happened was that Sasuke stumbled back in hopes to keep from tripping. In the end, he did, but because of the few steps he took, we ended up falling on top of the castle, smashing it into a pancake.

"My masterpiece..." I whine, letting my body fall limp on the person I forced to the ground.

"You definitely thought this one through," Sasuke croaks under me.

"Mm, shut up!"

"I would, but you're heavy."

"What?!" I stammer. I feel the need to sit up, but my body screams no as its energy was depleted after that jump. "Are you calling me fat?"

"Will that make you get off of me?"

"No, it'll make me stay here longer."

Sasuke stays quiet, trying to process if it was a trick answer or not. "Then no."

"No what?"

"You're not fat."

"Oh, I see how this works."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Lookie that, you're not so great at making excuses either."

"At least I don't stutter and make up something stupid."

"Name one stupid excuse I've made."

"Is that a serious question?"

"Yes."

The Uchiha exhales deeply. "No. I won't answer it."

"Ha! That's because I've never made one."

"No. It's just a waste of time."

"Sure, sure."

"Will you get off of me now?"

"Mm, how about no."

"Why not?"

"You called me fat and stupid."

"Look, if you don't get off—"

"What? You'll make me? Again, you called me heavy, I won't be that eas-EE!" I squirm at the end when I feel something pinch my side. From the uncomfortable feeling, I roll off and away from him, not about to get tickled now. "Hey!"