XXVI

"You should've seen me!" Naruto blurts out. "That 3 at the end was the best I had all season!"

"One shot doesn't change your skill level, dobe," Sasuke utters and slightly glares down at his friend.

"Yeah, because I'm so great!"

"No, because you suck."

I stifle a laugh from experiencing a conversation between these two. If I burst out laughing, I'm going to be in deep shit with those two. They will definitely find a comeback to shut me up, and I wasn't about to have it.

"The train will arrive in one minute. Please stand behind the yellow line while you wait for its arrival. Thank you," the announcement woman reminds.

"You know what, Sasuke? At least I made a 3 that practice. Compared to me, your shooting sucked!"

"Is that so?" he questions.

"You missed a layup, dude!" Naruto argues, folding his arms.

If I haven't seen Sasuke flinch, today is the first time seeing it. He's so abashed, he refuses to say a word. That left the blonde smiling like an idiot.

"You missed a layup?" I repeat, stupified.

"Shut it," he demands, glowering at me.

"Dude, even I can't miss those," I snicker.

"Watch what you s—"

"You play basketball?" Naruto asks, ending a war that was about to be fought. Thanks for the save.

Caught off guard by the sudden question, I tense and look away from him. "Ah, no. I don't."

Sasuke rolls his eyes. "And you're over there, talking as if you're the Allstar here."

I stick a tongue out at him before smirking. "Just because I don't doesn't mean I didn't."

"Oh, Sasuke, you better get some ice for that burn!"

"It wasn't a burn," both of us say, Sasuke stoically, and me humorously.

Naruto shrugs and walks past us, onto the train I didn't even notice had parched. I follow closely behind and stand next to him, Sasuke following a pursuit and standing next to me.

"So, (J/n)—"

"You have to stop calling me that," I sigh.

"Does it annoy you?" Sasuke remarks with a smirk. Even I see the idea gleaming in his eyes.

Instead of me answering, Naruto pokes his head closer to my face and nods. "She doesn't like it at all!"

I would retaliate, but Naruto's sense of 'no boundaries' makes my face flush a tint of pink. I whip my head away from him to look out the window as the train starts rolling.

"Anyway, where do you get off at?" he asks.

I squint, processing the question slowly. "Uh... it depends."

"Depends?" The boy finds a way to get close to my face again. Dammit.

"If I have to pick up stuff from the conbini or not. If I do, then three stops, if not, five."

"Oh, that's close to ours then! I'm nine stops!"

I deadpan with a sweatdrop. "That's not close at all."

Sasuke sighs. "He has a complicated situation."

My eyes move to him, to Naruto, then back to him. "Complicated? How?"