LXIII

I thought I was ready to handle everything.

I wasn't prepared to see all the guys throw off their shirts. Oh no, I was definitely not ready at all. I've seen the Ugly Kaito take off his shirt before, but I never thought much of guys taking their tops off and walking around like it's nothing. No, I don't feel suddenly attracted to all the boys here. I'm just very jittery whenever they try to talk to me (it's happened twice) or look my way.

Luckily, hanging out with Hinata helped me take my mind off of them. Of course, she was blushing madly at the sight of her one true love, Naruto. Couldn't resist making fun of her.

It's been an hour since Sasuke arrived and I'm sitting in the shade, watching the entertaining people play on the beach. Tenten, Kiba, Lee, Neji, Sasuke, and Naruto play beach volleyball aggressively. I don't go in the water, but I encourage Hinata to go. She hesitantly went in, but she enjoyed talking and hanging out with Sakura with the occasional splash of water at each other.

Ino tans in the sun, or tries to. I have a feeling she's going to be burnt by the end of this.

Sai sits over beside me in the shade, continuing to create masterpieces of the scenery. So far, he's used a regular sketch pencil, watercolor, and colored pencils in his creations. Each one of them looks fantastic. When I got bored of watching others play, my eyes would end up following the stroke of his utensil, mesmerized.

Choji sits on a towel eating chips galore while Shikamaru solves puzzles. The two of them did walk around before, but they got bored and didn't want to be pummeled by the wild Kiba and Naruto hopping around. The caffeine from the Colas they drank kicked in.

I have no idea what Shino is doing. He's sitting in the sand, not doing anything. I mean, nothing against it. It's not weird to chill in the sand. It's when he pokes it and messes with the stuff in the sand. I don't know if I'm going blind, but I'm pretty sure he pulled up a living creature and gently tossed it into the ocean.

All in all, the party was pretty chill and relaxing. Emphasis on the was.

Apparently, Naruto noticed how Sai and I have not gotten up from our comfortable spots and, wow, was he quick to jump at us.

"Hey, (J/n)~" the blonde coos as he bends down to my sitting level.

"N-Naruto," I respond timidly. Expectedly, I'm nervous to find out why I'm suddenly receiving attention from him. This can't be good.

"What are you doing?"

This is a trick question, isn't it? In Naruto's head, if you don't answer correctly, he—no, I don't want to imagine. Just think carefully. "Having fun?"

Haha, wrong answer, (Y/n). You couldn't even see through the loopholes, and you replied with an unsure-sounding answer. Way. To. Go.

Naruto smirks, knowing exactly what to say next. "Not enough fun."

"Naruto, no—Ah!" I squeak, feeling my body lifted off the ground. "No, no, no. Put me down!"

The boy doesn't answer and just carries me over to the water, walking away from my peaceful seat.

"H-hey! No! Don't do this, Naruto! I don't—"

Sakura pops up in my face with a smirk. "You've been sitting the whole time at a beach! Don't you wanna properly enjoy it?"

My eyes snap open wide. "S-Sakura? You, too?"

"I'm going to have to agree," Hinata sighs, tapping my cheek. "I want you to have fun, too."

My jaw drops so far that it draws a line in the sand. "W-wait! I still have my phone! I have to go put it back!" I argue, hoping that it'll be my one escape. To prove I wasn't lying, I wave my device frantically in the air.