I

The familiar Westminster chime rings throughout the school building. The shuffling of feet outside the classroom as the students rushed to their homerooms early in the morning. The general gossiping of the same students that surrounded you every morning, some new information to you, others, not so much.

I rest my chin on the palm of my hand as I gaze out onto the school grounds, my reflection slightly tinting the green filled trees that swayed in the summer wind, how they cave over the sidewalks that surround our school. Above the tall bushes of leaves are tall city buildings stretching out into the distance, their distinct grey contrasting with the bright blue sky that hovered above our heads. Cotton balls dotted the vast blue, misty and flowy, dancing in the warm sun that was still in its rising.

It was currently 8:30 on a typical Thursday morning, early July. Nothing unusual. Our finals for our first semester will be coming up within the next two weeks. As much as I dreaded it, as much as anyone else would, I was looking forward to what was right behind it. Summer break.

Although people would normally be excited about such a getaway from school, I felt different. Yes, of course, I want to get out of this place many of us call hell. However, I'm just waiting for the arrival of someone very special to me. It's been 2 years when she left my 9th year (making me a second year now), for business, and she finally moves back this summer. I can not tell you how ecstatic I am about it. I really do miss my mom.

"I thought I failed that pop quiz!" a voice booms. "But I didn't do as bad as I thought! I actually got a C on it!"

I shift my eyes from the scene out the window to the door at the front corner of the classroom. Ah, that makes sense. It's Naruto.

Why am I saying it like that? Let me introduce you.

Uzumaki Naruto, one of the popular kids at school. The optimistic ball of sunshine our school needed. He's a little bit of a dunce, but I appreciate all he does. He's definitely the most caring, outgoing, helpful, people-person at our school. He has some sort of ability to make friends with anyone he meets. He's still a loud-mouthed idiot and could use a lot of manners, though.

The spiky blonde shows a toothy grin, his hands resting on the nape of his neck, waltzing in through the doorway carelessly.

"How low are your standards, Naruto?!" a pink-haired chick insults, crossing her arms.

The most popular girl of the school, Haruno Sakura, her female popularity tied with Ino, but we'll get to that later. Her short-pink hair, always with some sort of headband tied on her head, was as flowy as the cherry blossoms that fall during the end of spring-time. Her green eyes sparkled wherever she looked.

Don't let her looks fool you. Yes, she's super sweet and nice to almost everyone here. However, once you arise the bad side locked up inside of her, you might as well kiss yourself goodbye. She will pummel you to the ground, and I mean it. Her strength is so advanced, it's superhuman. The only time I've seen her ticked off was mainly because of Naruto. That's about the only bad side I want to see from her. That's not even the worst of it.

"That's so mean, Sakura!" Naruto pouts. "It was a pop quiz, so I couldn't have studied. And I still got a C!"

"Naruto, we knew about the test since last week," a new voice sighs.

Following the two previous ones before... Uchiha Sasuke. His obsidian hair and onyx black eyes contrasting with his pale complexion. (Yeah, I'm not that type of fanfic.) He has black hair somehow retaining its weird form. People make the comparison of it looking like a duck's ass, and I can't find a better description than that. He has dark voids for eyes that are rid of any emotion besides annoyance towards his friends. As simple as he looks, he's quite popular among the other girls in this class. I don't see what they see, but I'm not gonna tell them they're wrong. I'm more or less focused on the personalities of people.