XLI

"I guess."

"Haha, don't worry. It might be awkward now, but you'll get used to things quickly. Our school isn't one out of the ordinary."

He runs his fingers through his hair. "That's a relief. I guess." His eyes skim past me and over to something behind me.

My eyes follow over to the two fuming figures behind me. Naruto and Sasuke have this black fire dancing around them as they burn through Ryuken. Everything about them is unnatural, even to their stances. Their posture, the way they ball their fists, it's all menacing. After catching them glaring, they pretended to act a little bit more normal, but they warned me with their daring eyes.

I roll my eyes, finding this act of theirs to be stupid. "Ignore them," I sigh, turning back to the hot Ryuken as a means to calm him down. "They just... are jealous you're having all of the attention right now, haha..."

"Really?" He points to the pair behind me. "They're jealous of me? That's crazy."

"Well, Sasuke is the center of attention for girls, and Naruto is just used to being the center of attention, period."

"Ah, that makes more sense," he sighs, smiling and showing off those cute dimples of his. "Otherwise I'd be wondering why they'd be jealous of me."

Because you're nicer than the both of them combined. I shake my head. "Well, shall we be off then?"

He chuckles at my humorous change in mood. "Why, certainly."

After sparing one more glance at the two boys still brooding and the rest of the class with mixed emotions about me taking the new student for a tour, I never would have noticed how loud our homeroom is until after I shut the door behind us and we were in the hall alone together.

I merely point to the bathroom and he nods, getting the gist with a chuckle. "So, where are you from?"

He scratches the back of his head. "Uh, that's complicated... I've moved several times."

"Really?" This sparks my interest. "Where have you lived?"

"Um... Mexico, China, Spain, Australia, and Cambodia."

My jaw drops so much, my chin grazes the floor as we walk. "No way. That is so cool!"

He sighs with a drop of sweat rolling down the side of his face. "I suppose..."

I've never left the country ever, even if my mom used to travel. I have been stuck in Konoha, Japan since the moment I was born. Seeing other countries, living in them, is absolutely amazing. "What are they like?"

His ever-changing eyes glance at my wondrous ones, the sparkles reflecting off of his. "They were... they were amazing. I had a lot of fun."

"Really?" I gasp. "What's Australia like?"

"It was pretty cool. We lived in Sydney for a couple of years."

"Did you have that salty stuff? The spread? I forget what it's called... but I've always wanted to try it!"

Ryuken smiles at my reaction. "Vegemite?"

"Yes!"

He chuckles. "It's delicious. I had it with toast almost every morning. My sister doesn't like it, though. Maybe it's because she put too much on."

"You have a sister?"

His entire mood flops to fear. Just the thought of her shakes him to the core. "Oh, yeah. She's a nutball alright."