LII

Sasuke is kneeling before me, his hand outstretched towards me in an attempt to comfort me.

I reel back automatically. There's an immediate rush of regret when Sasuke flinches in response.

"I'm sorry," I croak, on the verge of tears. "I'm so..." My head hangs low, not being able to bear his gaze—the pity, worry, concern. It tears me apart.

"Hey, it's going to be fine. You're going to be okay," he reassures. "Did he hurt you?"

My body quakes more from the reminder of what he did to me. I still feel his teeth pressing harshly against my skin. I still feel his fingers playing with me. It hurts. It's over, but it still hurts. I open my mouth to answer but my voice fails me again. My silence is an answer enough for him as he stays silent.

"Where?"

I try to pull my hands away, but my arms stay sticking to my skin protectively. My upper half is still bare. And it feels that if I reveal it, even to someone I trust, something bad is going to happen.

"Your dress," he sighs. "Do you need to put it back on?"

Visions flash before my eyes as I imagine what this definition of 'back on' may be.

"I won't look," he says, interrupting my thoughts.

My head lifts slowly as I still don't have full control over my functions. After all, it's not like the drug has worn off, not even in the slightest. I look up, and he's turned completely away from me.

"Just tell me when you're done."

The cool air hits my skin and I shudder. A light breeze from nowhere makes me jump, look around, and find that no one is there to touch me, bite me, abuse me. There's no one.

With a shaky breath, I peel my arms off of my chest. My hands violently tremble as I reach for my sleeves. It takes some time before I finally loop through the sleeve and pull it up. I take my time with the other one as well before.

My fingers brush my skin, and I'm immediately reminded of when he brushed his fingers against me. Of course, every single touch is a reminder. I can't seem to keep him out of my head.

The thoughts, these terrible thoughts, swarm my head. I want to cry, hide in a corner, and disappear. I just want this to be over. Why isn't this over?

"I'm..." I try to form a sentence to let Sasuke know I'm done, but just trying to speak breaks me over again.

"Hey, hey, you're okay," he says. He stands up and sits next to me on the bed. "Do you want me to zip up your dress for you?"

Upon hearing that, I whip towards him and jolt away. Instant regret pangs within me. I just backed away from my friend. My hand cover my mouth in an attempt to muffle my weak sobs. "I-I'm s-so sorry-ry."

"What are you sorry about?" Sasuke asks. He tries to move to comfort me but he doesn't know how to.

Normally, I'd make a joke, call him out, and tease him about it. Under these circumstances, I find it to be the opposite. I'm worried about, I'm ruining his party, and he's going out of his way to help me.

Instead of using words that I know I will choke on, I just turn around and prepare for the worst. Anything at all related to what that guy did to me would be the worst.

I shudder when I feel the movement of the zipper, but relax when I feel it moving upwards just like Sasuke had said.

"All done," he says. I feel myself dip in the bed more when Sasuke stands up. "I'm going to get Naruto—"