XV

"What the hell were you doing?!"

I whip my head around to him (you would've never guessed who), standing behind his open car door. There's no right way for me to react, so I just stare at the Uchiha like a deer in the headlights, my expression clearly reading 'what the hell do I do now?' while his face is just pure pissed. Had we been in a room, my gulp would've been very audible.

"Long time, no see," I utter.

"No shit."

So, he's still angry since the last time we talked. Of course, he would, why wouldn't he? He's the arrogant Sasuke of our class, it's to be expected.

"What the hell were you doing just walking out in the street?!"

His irate mood only makes me rebirth my frustration. "Oh, were you worried?" I sarcastically spit.

"Why would I be worried about you?"

I fold my arms. "I was talking about the other beauty on this street. Your car, Yolanda."

Confusion splashes over his face. He looks beyond horrified by the name I gave his car. "Do not ever call her Yolanda."

"Oh, so it's a 'her'? Wow, gender shaming."

"Excuse me?"

"First you only see us, women, as a tool, and now cars as females, too. Just tools!"

I swear his eye twitched. "What the—You've got to be kidding me."

"How am I kidding you?!" I stammer, raising my voice a little more. To add emphasis, I throw my arms out beside me. "That would be making a joke, and apparently that's unimportant."

As if calming himself down, he closes his eyes and rests for a few seconds.

I choose not to say anything else feeling the throbbing in my finger worsening, and that if I talk, I'll choke and he'll notice, and then he'll tell the whole school that I have zero pain tolerance, which means I'll get picked on by everyone physically and then everything will—

"Get in the car." His demand cuts my thoughts off, leaving me to stare blankly at him.

"What?"

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

I cross my arms, hiding my burning finger in the fold of my other arm, and I do my best to add as much pressure without it appearing too weird. "I thought you still had to run errands."

"I finished, idiot."

"Who you calling idiot, asshole?"

"Who are you calling asshole?"

"I'm calling you the asshole, you female-hating—"

"Just get in the car so we can go."

"How do I know you won't abduct me this time?" I interrogate, even though I know I'm going to go in his car, I just have to keep my stubborn act up otherwise I'll let the pain get to me.

He holds out a hand in a position that said 'are you serious?' "Because I didn't do it last time?"

"Because you failed last time and you can succeed this time. Give me a better reason."

"Because if I were to do anything to you, I'd ruin everything for my family."

I raise a brow. "Explain."

"Because they would know it was me who did something."

My brows knit together and I pretend to think over his explanation with detail. My finger shot one painful zap and it was enough for me to accept his response.