IV

The school day progressed as usual. Boring, monotonous classes rolling slowly as we receive new assignments and homework or study guides for the finals coming up for the end of our first semester. It's safe to say that things were looking well.

Up until the last few minutes of school, sitting in Social Studies, when things just fumbled together and my weekend plans about crashed. Madara-sensei had just finished his lesson on World War II and the points of view from the numerous countries during it. Now that we've gone over the same history we learned in 7th grade but in deeper detail, our teacher has the bright idea to give us a presentation project right before the weekend. Now this pain? It's almost worse than the agony I felt earlier today. Almost.

"But Madara-sensei!" one of the students complained.

"No buts. It's the last grade you're going to get before the final. It might help some of you bring your grades up," he says, eyeing certain students which make them cower in fear. "Besides, you'll get to present with partners."

The class seemed to lighten up with that, few squealing out or shouting phrases of excitement. Whenever there's a presentation involving partners or groups, everyone gets excited. It's the time where the students can present their favorite memes to the class or make inappropriate jokes to gain any sort of popularity or attention to be remembered by. It's entertaining to watch since they never pertain to the topic. It also makes it easier for me to present since no one ever remembers mine—as it tends to be boring compared to all the other ones.

"I will be choosing your partners."

Just like that, the whole mood drops through all floors of the building. Including mine. Now I'm going to be partnered with someone who does memes for a living, making me do all the work, and then because they're so bad at presenting it, I get a bad grade and I'm remembered as 'so and so's partner'.

"I hope I get paired with Sasuke," a girl behind me whispers.

"Me, too."

The little argument begins of who will and who won't be paired with the oh-so-famous Uchiha Sasuke. Honestly, besides his looks, would the girls really be falling for him? Is that really all they see in him? Eh, maybe I shouldn't judge too harshly, but still... to me, he's never seemed like the kindest of sorts or just as much likable.

"Ino and Kiba." That's the first pair to be announced.

Yamanaka Ino, Haruno Sakura's best friend and rival, one of Sasuke's 'followers', the blonde who has half her face covered by her... bangs? We'll call it that. I say she's considerably nice, helpful, and encouraging. However, she can definitely be that bitch sometimes. Since she's paired with Kiba, I can only imagine that gossip that will spill around the school by the morning of tomorrow. Oh, boy.

"Shikamaru and Choji."

There are multiple gasps from the room. Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow, those two, best friends since Jashin knows when, happened to be partnered for the sixth time in a row. Who wouldn't be surprised at those odds? Even the two of the boys look shocked. Choji is the only one who isn't able to contain his excitement.

Forgot the introductions again! Let's rewind a little, shall we?

Nara Shikamaru is the smartest in the grade, by the way. Never gets into trouble, probably the only one who doesn't say "I want to die" on the daily, and is the only one with common sense. He's pretty calm, doesn't care about anything, and all-in-all, the only one who I could probably rely on in this school besides Hinata.

His best friend, Akimichi Choji, is one of the most relatable here. Food is his middle name, eat is his motto. Don't judge him by his looks, rotund built, long spiky caramel-colored hair, and always eating a bag of potato chips. As unbelievable as it is, he's pretty fit, topping Kiba for that matter. Unlike him, Choji is one of the sweetest people here if you ignore most of his sarcastic remarks, again, why he's relatable.