XXII

I look at Sakura with a small smile that came from her advice. "Thank you—"

"(J/N)!" a voice booms.

Jolts of electricity zap me and dread once again overcomes me. The nickname seems to drain Sakura of her energy momentarily, too.

"(J/N), (J/N), (JJJJ/NNN)!" Naruto hops over and he slams his lunch down on my table. "(J/n), guess wha—"

"Naruto, indoor voice!" Iruka-sensei orders.

The blonde gulps loudly but replaces his embarrassment with that dorky smile, the same one that gives me butterflies whenever he flashes it at me, and his shining blue eyes that match the blue of the sky, clouds reflecting off of his irises perfectly, allowing me to let them absorb me into that world of his that—

(Y/n)! What the hell!

"(J/n), guess what!" Naruto whisper shouts as he leans down to my level.

Snarky. Act. Snarky. You are over this, so start acting like it! "Stop calling me (J/n)."

"Okay, but guess—"

My arm stings again and I have to quickly cover it up by interrupting him and asking, "What do you want, Naruto."

"Remember how I owe you a favor?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes."

He beams his signature smile as if he knows I'm acting this way and w. "Well, maybe a way to get you to forgive me... is I do your homework!" Naruto cheers with a fist to emphasize his determination.

However, the idea of him doing my homework does not sound appalling.

"For a week!"

Shit, this guy will make me fail in every class! "NO! I mean, no. Thank you, Naruto, but... I can't let you."

"What?" he pouts, making my heart fold into an origami of hurt. "But..."

I sigh. "I'll forgive you sooner or later, but on my terms. You have to do a favor that I choose, not you."

The boy crosses his arms as he envelopes himself into a train of thought. He stares at me with intense eyes making me wish I crumbled out of existence. Before my body disappeared, Naruto's eyes pop open, and he grins brightly. "Alright!"

I raise a brow but nod reluctantly. "Alright..."

"I'll do whatever it takes to get you to forgive me!"

"Forgive you? I doubt that's gonna ever happen."

My entire frame goes rigid at the sound of his voice. My fingers tempt to shake violently from my worry, regret, fear, disappointment, but I heed it from doing so. I'm suddenly faced with a problem. How to really respond to Sasuke especially after everything that happened. I'm nervous, I'm scared. What if I say something to upset him, and the secrets I was stupid enough to let slip out? What if he tells the whole class in attempts to destroy my life? What if I screw up just one more time, and that's the reason my life spirals down the drain?

"Hey, that's mean, Sasuke!" Naruto accuses and bends down to me, wrapping an arm around me. I'd blush, but I'm too busy trying to keep my anxiety down. "After all, she promised!"

I don't look up to meet anyone's eyes. Instead, I keep my attention to my bento of food which suddenly doesn't look as appealing as it did before. The colors appeared to be drained and lifeless. I'm not hungry anymore.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sakura waves her hands to draw attention. "Why does she have to forgive you?"

Naruto laughs nervously. "Well... I kinda... dumped the bucket of water onto her—"