XXXVIII

I don't think I've ever slept better in my entire life. My eyes flutter open from the bright light beaming into the room. The light graces my skin with a calming warmth that makes me feel well-rested and relaxed as if I'm floating in the clouds. Boy, am I comfortable.

There's a strong scent coming from somewhere near. It smells of flowers of various kinds. It's a perfect balance between sweet and natural. Whatever detergent they use for the bedding is heavenly; it's perfect.

Enjoying the scent, I inhale a copious amount of it and let it settle within me. I'm so jealous rich people can get their hands on a smell like this. The blend of lavender, hyacinth, and gardenia could be enough to make Jashin wish he constantly smelled like this.

Feeling the sensation of my body deciding to wake up, I groan while tensing my muscles as a means of stretching. I would've continued stretching if I didn't feel anything odd. Suddenly, I'm aware of my body position and what I'm feeling.

My eyes flutter open and squint as my pupils adjust to the light. What I see sends my skin freezing even with the warm sunlight and blanket cushioning me. As you would expect in your cliché fanfiction, I find myself laying right next to Sasuke—no, more than that.

My head rested on his slow-rising-and-sinking chest, my breathing matching with his. My one arm was under me, which was fine, but the other rested atop his stomach, fingers grazing Sasuke's. It doesn't end there, though. I feel one of my legs wrap around one of his as if I were holding onto him for dear life, secure our connection.

Of course. My Soulmate Mark and only it would be able to cause this sort of situation. Honestly, my Mark is the first one to ship me and this idiot, and now I'm falling into its trap.

Even so, embarrassed as I am, I don't move. I can't find the courage to get out of this position. Maybe it was because I was comfortable and sleepy, I'm nervous that he's awake, or I can't process the spurs of emotion waving through me with each tremendous heartbeat. So I stay as I am, breathing to his rate (and almost dying because that's so hard) and acting as somnolent as I can.

Sasuke, also stirring awake it seems, groans and moves his hand which I now realized is tangled in my hair. His fingers brush against my scalp leisurely. Every strand of hair on my head moves with his soft stroke before settling back in place when he stops moving.

I'll admit, I had a little bit of a panic. After all, I'm sleeping with the Uchiha Sasuke, the guy everyone at school wants to get close to, live with, marry to, all the above, and I'm here sleeping with him even though it's not my most wanted desire. What odds.

Just when I think Sasuke's done rustling, his whole body shifts and starts turning. His hand slides away from mine and goes up, out of my view. My breath hitches, not sure if I should move with him or just let events unfold. Luckily for me, it doesn't get that far. His body pauses mid-rotate while I'm still on and not slipping. I can tell he just noticed what's going on. I had the same reaction, ultimately.

"Are you awake?" he asks, full well knowing that I am.

I gulp, staying quiet for a few seconds to see what he would do. My not answering causes him to slowly retreat into his previous position.

Ba-dum!

Why did my heart go and beat at that? All he did was move back to before so I could keep sleeping well, nothing unordinary!

What he did next made my heart jump out of my chest. His fingers start massaging my scalp. Not that it felt bad or anything, it actually felt remarkably relaxing—No! Oh my Jashin! What is he even doing?

Pretending as if I hadn't been awake at all, I act as if I'm just now getting up, save him from embarrassment. I do my deep inhale which I see lots of people do when they awaken. I shrug my shoulders upwards and slowly move my body into a different position, still similar to the one before. Just as I move my hand to wipe my face, his fingers stop rubbing my head. It made me a little upset.

What? What am I even thinking?

"You awake?"

I yawn. "No."

"I'm convinced."

I nudge him with the arm that's underneath me. "Mmm!" I growl but revert to my comfortable spot, hoping to fall back asleep again and let these undefined feelings dissipate.

"You couldn't resist, huh?"

Both Sasuke and I freeze our breathing upon hearing the voice. If I wasn't blushing deep enough yet, it definitely spikes now. My eyes shoot open and move slightly over to the door where the one and only Itachi stands, leaning against the door frame with a smug look stitched to his face. His eyes meet mine and that was enough to make me bury my face into Sasuke until I blush more and hide under the blankets. I'm such a mess...

"Get out, Itachi!" Sasuke demands.

"Alright, alright! I just came to wake you guys up. Breakfast is ready whenever you two are—"

"Itachi!"

"Okay~" Itachi coos before his footsteps echo down the hallway and stairs.

I don't release my breath until I know for sure he's downstairs working in the kitchen. That doesn't mean I surface from the pool of blankets wrapped around me.

"Get up," Sasuke merely says as he slides out of bed, half of my body suddenly going cold from his disappearance.

"I don't wanna!" I whine, gripping the blankets tighter and shutting my eyes tightly. Hopefully, I can sleep all of this away. I don't want to face Sasuke or Itachi after what just happened.

"You're gonna whether you like it or not," he threatens, yanking away all of the covers and leaving me to shiver in the cold air.

Frustratingly and lazily, I smack my hand around the bed in hopes of finding my warmth. I even have to reach the ends of the bed to be faced with disappointment after not finding the comforter. "But I'm so tired!"

"You slept all night and six hours before that. I think you're fine."

"Mmm!" I squeal and decide to oblige. Now having the whole bed, I use this opportunity to stretch to my full capacity, scrunching my face to untighten all of my muscles, wiggling my fingers and toes to get them moving, and twisting my body in odd shapes to wake myself up. All of that before I give up and sprawl myself out on the bed. "I tried."

"You did not."

"But I can't get up!" I argue. "I've used up too much energy."

He uses his weapon against me, jabbing his fingers into my ticklish spot and making me jolt with a screech. "Too much energy, my ass. Get up." When I don't move at his command, he threatens me. "I will use these against you."

"So?" I nervously protest. "I'm... I'm not ticklish at all."

"Is that so? Would you like me to test that theory—"

I roll over to the edge of the bed. "Fine! I'll get up."

He tiredly chuckles. "That's what I thought."

Begrudgingly, I hurl myself onto my feet with a little bit of a stumble. My hair flies into my eyes which causes me to aggressively rub my whole face free of strands. I spare the Uchiha a glance and see him take off his shirt, which means he's obviously changing. I whip my head away from him with a deep shade of red dusting my cheeks. "Y-you know what? I'll just meet you downstairs for breakfast—"

"Hold on, Chewbacca."

I halt mid-exit and slowly turn around. Did he just call me Chewbacca? "I'm sorry?"

He throws on a white shirt and walks over to me. It takes everything in me not to move an inch. "First, fix that disaster of yours." His finger swirls around, referring to my face—no, my hairdo.

One of my hands reaches to my hair which I haven't touched up at all, even after my six-hour nap and the rain tangling more strands. It wouldn't surprise me if it looks seven times worse. "Fine. But you have to fix yours, too." I smirk, pointing out each random strand sticking out here and there. Not as bad as mine, but it's not presentable either.

He swats my hand away. "Yeah, yeah. Just fix yourself up."

I shrug as he walks out the door, leaving me standing alone. My eyes drift back over to the bed on their own. For a moment, I don't even register what happened until it finally dawns on me.

Oh my Jashin. I just had every girls' dream. I slept with Sasuke—