IX

Sakura and I finally decided that today we'd meet up to consult our findings on the basic research. After having read all the requirements on Madara-sensei's handout, we realized how quickly we could get this whole project done in five of the fifteen days and spend the rest of the time practicing our presentation while saving the other days to study for finals.

So, we're meeting up.

Sakura asked if I came over to said address, which I assume is her home. My brother is out with friends today and my dad had been called for a full shift today at his job, so I'm alone in the house right now, blasting my music while I change into something comfy yet presentable enough to wear in public. It takes me a little bit of time to get ready, though not tedious work. Once finished, I quickly packed a bag of my necessities for the trip.

On my way out, I leave a note on the table telling my dad I'm heading out and I don't know how long for. I should get back before he does, but if something unexpected happens, he knows where to find me.

Anyway, to save you time and cut to the chase, I finally arrived at this... huge... white... house... By huge... white... house... I mean, huge. In Japan, normally, you don't see homes, but I can guarantee you. This is basically the mansion of Tokyo. I don't remember Sakura being rich, but I guess I could always be wrong. Selling flowers can make you a millionaire, right?

After gulping pretty aggressively, leaving a painful lump to ride down my throat, a feeling set in me. This is a bad idea. Very bad. So bad. Extremely bad. However, this is for a grade, so pull your damn self together, (L/n). Let's do this.

The house is modern-looking with a touch of Japanese origin to it. There's a small driveway leading to the garage with a break off from the pavement to the front door. The house is two stories, which is plenty big for a house, but the height isn't what threw me off. It was the width and length that really impressed me. I can't even begin to imagine how spacious it must be inside

Fighting shivers, I stroll up to the front door, readjusting the bag on my shoulder that suddenly felt heavier. For some reason, I'm getting odd vibes that this is not Sakura's house, but who else's could this be?

I knock on the door after passing the pillars that held up the roof for a sheltered front porch. The window to the right had its shades drawn, but a glow emitted from it dimly. Through the shades, there were no shadows to signify movement. It's not too comforting considering I knocked. Things like this always put me in a pickle; do I knock again, or should I try ringing the doorbell because they might not have heard me? And when do I ring it? When would I knock again? What do I do?

Luckily, I didn't need to find the answers to any of those questions. The clicks from just behind this door ended my overthinking. From the opening of the door revealed a beautiful woman with clear, fair skin contrasting with her dark eyes. Her long straight black hair falls smoothly on her shoulders. She wears a three-quarter length purple shirt that laid over her knee-length grey skirt. No matter what she wears, her eyes just seem to capture mine. Where have I seen them before?

"Well, good morning," she greets with a small smile on her face.

"Good morning," I reply with a grin. Without having to let her ask me, I decided to introduce my position. "I'm here for a project with Sakura?"

"Oh, yes! She told me she was going to have a friend over. Please, do come in." She stands off to the side to allow me plenty of room to enter her abode, and Jashin, my jaw nearly dropped to Australia. The inside was massive and gorgeous! Though the main theme of the house was white, it was splashed with a nice balance of traditional Japanese setting mixed with some modern decorations to spice up the area. The floors changed when I looked at the different rooms beside me. The furniture in this place looked just as expensive as my apartment—holy crap! The worlds between Sakura and me are so different, it honestly scares me.