XIV

"Don't underestimate me, asshole!" With that, I storm away from the car in any direction but the way we were originally going. My hands are clenched so tightly, my knuckles appear white. My body shakes from a lot of things, anger being the biggest one. I just can't believe this guy!

Who does he think he is? What kind of person would—how the hell can you think that?! Is everything just about success for him? All about business, all about money, all about—Jashin, that's all rich kids ever think, isn't it! Fame, fortune, success! Can they let their demeanor just slip for a bit and allow them to have some fun? Is that too much?

"There's no reason to get together with someone who won't help further my chances of success in life."

His words repeat in my mind over and over again, only adding to the boiling heat in my veins. Who just openly says that? He obviously does, and there was no hint of regret in his voice. Does he seriously believe everything has to be put towards his chances of success? That anything else whether enjoyable or not, is meaningless if it has no value to his status? He's such a—

Ouch.

I stop in my roaring tracks to peer down at my throbbing finger. It's the finger I jabbed the unlock button with. A minor hit to the finger, but with my problem, nothing is just a 'little scratch' to me. Not that this was an important matter for me, but I still need to tend to it. Let me just—

Of course.

I left my goddamn Emergency Kit in that asshole's car! Jashin—!

I raise a fist and aim it for the nearest post and go to knock it to Australia, but I realize how stupid that idea was before my knuckles connect with the cold metal, so it ends up being a soft blow. The frustration exhausting me, I lean my forehead against the back of my hand and stare at my throbbing finger dangling lifelessly below me. I don't know how to compare my pain to yours, but I'd say that the small jam feels like, what you would call, a broken finger. Nothing too serious.

However, it's gonna get serious if I don't have my EK with me. How stupid can I be? Honestly! I am the biggest of the big idiots, forgetting something so important in the side pocket of the door. How angry I must've been to leave it there, and just walk away!

Well, maybe the argument wasn't that important, or the pain in my finger steadily growing is affecting my concentration and thought process. I mean, why was I so worked up over him seeing marriage as only something to further success? Did I get defensive because women are so much more than tools to help you become more successful in your career? Or was I upset because that's the type of person my soulmate is?

I shouldn't care what he thinks. I already decided that the label 'soulmate' has no effect on my opinions of people.

As a sudden wave of fire beats in my finger, I scrunch up my nose and bite my lip. This reminds me of a more pressing matter to hand.

Either I have to get home quick to tend to it, or I go back to that asshole's car and get my medicine. He's probably already driven off to his next location at this point, so it'd be hopeless to find him now. My best option would be to go home... if I could figure out where I'm at.

I squeeze my finger while I helplessly look around to get an idea of where I might be. I could ask for a taxi, but my money is also in my EK. My phone, too. Basically everything.

I have my ways! I shouted at him. Don't underestimate me!

What an idiot I was to say that. I should think before I speak before I find myself in these situations. I have no ways, and I'm underestimating myself. Quite the turntables.