XLVIII

I'm overly anxious. My first party and I didn't even register it until we pulled up to the front door, the four of us all dressed up.

My eyes scan the house. Since the address sent us to just a little outside the city, I should've expected that the scale compared to the standard apartments you'd normally find. They even have little bit of yard, something we only find in parks. Lights flickered in one of the rooms, as well as a consecutive booming from the music. For someone as nervous as I am, this house is slightly intimidating.

The pinkette turns to face me, her soft hands finding a way into mine as her sparkling green eyes gaze into mine. She looks amazing. Her makeup complementing her skin and adding definition to her face, giving her a more sophisticated appearance. Even her hair framed her face in a half-up hairdo. Her dress is slightly overdone, but she nails it perfectly.

"You're going to have so much fun, (Y/n)," she sweetly says with a smile. "Don't stress about this. Go have fun, okay?"

Ino turns to me as well with an encouraging grin. "You look so fantastic that Ryuken... he'll be head over heels for you."

Ryuken.

I gulp but find enough strength in me to smile. "Thanks, guys."

Hinata finds her way to my side, reassuring me with her soft smile. "Don't worry. I'm here if anything happens."

"The same goes for you."

Finally, the door swings open to reveal a very familiar-looking girl. Her beautiful blue-green-grey eyes glint in the late afternoon sun; her dimpled smile is welcoming. Much like the rest of the party-goers scattered in the background, her ombre hair was up neatly, and a casual yet stylish outfit shaped her body. "Hey, guys! Glad you could make it!"

"Haha, me, too!" Ino replies with a smile.

After the girl makes way, all four of us step into the large interior of the house. There's a large table off to the side filled with bags, jackets, and other personal items. If CPS wasn't an issue, I would put my stuff over where Ino, Sakura, and Hinata set their stuff.

"Anywhere in the house is free to explore. The bathroom is down that hall to the right. The kitchen is just past there, and the backyard is also open for anyone. Right now, the boys are making up their own cross-sport game if you wanted to check it out. If you want a quiet room, there's an entertainment center downstairs and the upstairs is also available, too!" The girl explains, flashing an angelic smile I'm positive I recognize from somewhere. "Now, go have some fun!"

Ino and Sakura take off with their little cheers. Not even a full ten feet into the house and they already run into their party friends. However, I stay back as I stare at the girl I'm sure I know. "Have we... met before?"

The girl tucks a strand of brown hair behind her ear and smiles. "Um, maybe? I'm Uehara Hime, Ryuken's twin sister!"

My brows furrow together. "But I feel like I've met you somewhere before."

"I do go to the same school. I'm not in class with you, but maybe we've passed each other in the halls? That or my brother and I really look alike."

"No, no, I distinctly remember meeting you somewhere and talking." I gasp when I finally connected the dots. "You're from the antique shop!"

Her eyes blink repeatedly before widening as well. "Yes! I remember you!"

"Oh my lordiness!" I say, torn between what to do. "Oh my lordiness. I still have your number!"

She giggles. "Haha, you do?"

"And... I forgot to give it to him! I'm so sorry." I bow a solid three times before she taps my shoulder with a forgiving look.

"You're alright. I figured once I didn't get a text for some time."

"Ah, I'm so forgetful!"

"You're fine! Anyway, I got his number."

I straighten up, a little too surprised for my own good. "You did?" She does go to our school now and possibly ran into him in the halls, recognized him, got his number or something. It shouldn't matter to me who Sasuke gives his number to.

She nods. "Yeah! He's here somewhere. I just got it from him a half-hour ago, maybe?"

A lump forms in my throat. "A-are we talking about the same guy?" I ask, remembering how the guy I'm talking about wasn't going to come to this party.

She raises a brow. "I think so. Here. Let's go find him!" On that note, she grabs my wrist with Hinata following closely behind. Several people I don't recognize crowd rooms and halls, making it hard for us to swerve through places.

My head spins from the noise, the lights, and the idea of Sasuke being here. It makes me nervous for some reason.

"Oh, there he is!"

Following the finger the girl outstretches, my eyes land on the figure she's pointing to, and everything inside of me shuts down.

It was Sasuke.

"Is that the guy you were talking about?" Hime asks, looking toward me with her multicolored eyes that twinkle in the light, almost mesmerizing me from the roller coaster of emotions riding through me.

"Uh, yeah. It—"

"So don't worry about it!" Then, with a pat on my back, she turns around and disappears through the crowd of students. "Now go enjoy the party!"

I stand there, my eyes lingering on the last place I saw her before she slipped from view. The hollers, music, and singing beat through the house as hard as my heart pounds. The concentration of noise rings through my ears, making me feel slightly nauseous and light-headed.

I can push through this. My brother makes ruckus like this at home. Besides, it's a good distraction for the whirlpool happening in my stomach right now.

"(Y/n)?" Hinata waves a shy hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry, Hinata."

Before the girl can say anything else, she slips away from me. All she gives me is an encouraging smile before she, too, gets lost in the ocean of people. It leaves me confused. Hinata isn't the type of person to go off on her own. I wonder—

"(Y/n)."

—why.