LIX

※No Sasuke※

It's been a few days since the incident and all I could say was I was doing the best I could. After talking with Dad, I felt a whole lot better about this than before. Sure, crying my eyes out earlier also helped, but not as much as the comforting words he gave me as well as the ones from my friends.

Hinata, Sakura, Ino, and Naruto dropped by the day after, all completely worried. After telling them what happened, and being more comfortable with talking after the support Sasuke and Dad gave me, I felt so much better. Of course, some of their reactions were a bit dramatic—

No, they weren't dramatic at all.

"I'll kill that bastard!" Naruto screeched, standing up from his seat with a terrifying look in his eyes, none like you've ever seen before. This side of him made the whole situation that much more serious. "When I get my hands on him, I swear I'll—"

Sakura and Ino were furious as well. After asking if I was okay, they transitioned to deadly. Only, Sakura looked a lot more intimidating than Ino.

"I'm going to smash his head!" she shouted, slamming a fist into the palm of her hand while a tick mark formed on her temple. "Shannaro!"

As for Hinata, she was more mellow, although her expression read anger easily, she showed concern for me first. After promising to, and I quote, "kick his ass," she reminded me of all the things on my side and that whatever happens, she'll always be there.

I'm extremely grateful for the support of all my friends and family. Not a single one of them has given me a look of disgust or disappointment, which I initially feared for. Other than their threats to the guy who committed this, their offers to be here for me and spend time with me meant much more. Thanks to them, I feel more myself than I was the night of the incident.

I discovered through the father's observation that I shower too often. I usually stuck to a schedule, but lately, I haven't been feeling clean. In turn, I have taken more frequent showers. I didn't realize that I would take more than what was necessary. I just needed to feel clean.

However, my movements are still a little rough around the edges. More so than usual, I'm antsy. Kaito, without even trying now, will manage to scare me in the simplest ways possible. Just walk around the corner and that'll do the trick. I tend to stay cautious because of it.

I still don't feel normal yet, but I'm working on it!

At this point, it's a week into the summer break. I have done nothing to do but stay at home, making no effort to leave this house. As much as I wanted to, Dad told me I should stay here for a little while before he's comfortable with me going out again. I complained, asking when I could potentially, and he joked seriously by saying, "When you go back to school." So, no. I don't know when I'm allowed to leave.

Luckily, Hinata knows this and drops by.

The doorbell made me jump feet in the air and I scram to reach the doorknob. Eagerly and excitedly, I throw the door open expecting the dark-haired female. When I saw her, I never squealed louder.

"Oh my Jashin, I missed you!" I cry as I encase her in a hug.

She giggles at my gesture, hugging me back gratefully.

Gosh, I missed her.

My eyes lift to examine her, see what cute outfit she might be wearing today, only they drift upwards more to the figures standing behind her. I immediately recognize the pinkette with emerald green eyes, her female rival, the sunshine dunce, and more people I never actually had talked to before. The only person I didn't see there was Sasuke.