Peter's gone

" Y/n why don't you sit down really quick." Happy said after no one made a motion to talk. Tears started brimming my eyes as I looked at my dads distressed state.
"Where is Peter's room dad?" I repeated a little stronger this time trying to hide to wavier in my voice.
"There is no easy way to say this sweetie. If you give me time I can give you a better answer." He stated almost like he was reassuring himself. When he finally managed to make eye contact with me I was taken back by the sight. His eyes were bloodshot with tears threatening to surface.
"No. I need to know now. Tell me. I need to see him."
I couldn't wait any longer I just needed to know he was safe and away from this mess, I need to hold him in my arms so i can convince myself everything will be okay.
"Y/N I can not give you-" He started to raise his voice before I cut him off.
"DAD Tell me where he is now!" I said back in the same tone as he had before. "I don't care what condition he is in! I will go see him now so I know he is okay! Now bring me to him-"
"WE DONT KNOW WHERE HE IS Y/N!" He finally snapped at me. I stepped back confused with his words. Someone misplaced him in the tower? He walked out of his room? Peter has been known to walk and talk in his sleep.
"How do you misplace a grown teenager ? He probably just started sleep walking again which room was he in I'll start looking from there."
Happy, Clint, and my dad all shared a look that I didn't understand. I'm guessing from Aidens sudden change in posture he understood clearly therefore I turned to him.
"Love what they are trying to say is, the never found Peter after the battle." Aiden said pushing some of my hair out of my face. I looked at him confused then turned to the older men in the room and by the look on their faces I knew Aiden was right.
"No. That's not true. You can't just lose someone, you can't just forget someone like him. He is here he has to be, you're all just playing a sick joke that's all." I began to walk around the makeshift hospital as I went from room to room and opened all curtains to makeshift rooms. He was here somewhere and they are all just joking to make me feel better. They have to be trying to make a joke out of this Peter can't be gone. It wasn't until I made it to the last four doors when panic set in. He wasn't in any of the rooms so far. Opening the fourth to last door I see Vision in what seems like a peaceful sleep and I quickly shut the door. My hands began to shake. Opening the third to last door I saw Bruce laying on a bed with his eyes closed. My hands started to shake. I reached the second to last door and swung it open with a lot of force. On the bed was Scott who looked relaxed and as if he was having a nice dream. I turned slowly to face the door across the hall. Walking slowly I could feel my heart hammering in my chest, my stomach was tied in knots, instead of my hands shaking I could feel every part of my body vibrating. Tear surfaced and slowly fell down my face as I wrapped my hand around the door knob. Holding my breath I threw open the door and rushed inside. It's empty. I rushed to the bed throwing aside the blankets and pillows as if Peter was hiding under them all apart of the joke. I spun around and started opening cabinets and doors not caring if anything broke in the process. Tears were streaming down now and my vision was becoming hazy. After I managed to destroy the entire room I sat on the floor in the middle of the mess I made. He isn't here. Peter really isn't in this room or the ones surrounding it. I only noticed the others presence when my dad crouched down besides me but I made no move to look or talk. On the edge of my view I could see Aiden, the boys, Happy, and Clint walk into the room a little more but I still didn't move. My body was shaking from the tears and emotions coming from my body. Peters gone. Aidens hand on my shoulder snapped me back into reality and I raised my head enough to look my dad in the eyes.
"where is he?" Was the only thing I managed to get out through my sobs.
"During the battle, Peter said he was taking care of one of the side minions and I told him to be careful and call assistance if needed. That was it from him. When the ringing started nearly everyone fighting fell to the ground besides us with no powers I am assuming. Clint and I started to bring people in. Y/n believe me I looked for Peter first. I convinced myself I would find him if I continued looking and brought more people in. But as the time went by and the area was cleared there was not a signal sign of him. It was as if he vanished along with the villains."
"You lost him. You let him go on his own knowing he wasn't ready. How could you do that to him ? To me?" I questioned him and Clint.
"Love why don't you go to your room or space here and collect yourself while we think of something okay?" Aiden said extending a hand for me to grab. Wiping away my tears I shook my hard no.
"I will wait here for Peter you guys go find him."
Slowly they all left the room leaving me alone with the mess I made. I don't know how long I was sitting there. I know Happy came in trying to tell me about the search and rescue mission they planned. I barely heard anything he said. He came a little after with coffee trying to get me to talk but I stayed still curled into a ball. Around nightfall I went back to mine and Peter's room. It was still messy like how we left it. Random pieces of laundry and books lying around. I picked up the shirt he wore a few days ago and rapidly changed into it savoring the smell of him. I sat on my bed and looked out the window. It was well into the night so far that I thought I heard birds chirping. I don't remember falling asleep or getting under the covers but that's how I woke up the next day. In my room alone. On the nightstand was a cup of orange juice with a fruit bowl for breakfast. A note was next to it and that was the only item I touched.

' Okay love not trying to be creepy but I know you aren't doing okay so I am sticking around for you. The boys and I will be staying downstairs to help look for Peter. We will find him I promise you. Please eat and drink something come down only when you are ready if not then rest so when we do find Peter you can be your best self to help him.'

I set the note down next to bowl of fruit. Settling back into bed I looked around the room and all the memories of Peter and I in here were replaying through my head. I pulled my hair back into a bun and when I did a strong whiff of Peters cologne kicked up. For a split second I thought he was here, pulling back my hair for me. I didn't get to live in that fantasy long before my brain realized it was just his shirt I was wearing. Sighing I sat up against the headboard as a new wave of tears came and I believe I eventually cried myself into a dreamless sleep.

Authors Note (Important)

⚠️ Tw: Ed and depressive episode ⚠️

Okay guys I have a bit to tell y'all. Things are getting a little rough lately not just in the story but in my personal life as well. I am so sorry I haven't been updating frequently with this book I really do love you all and I want to make y'all excited for the updates. But as i said i have been struggling. This next part is mainly about me you don't need to read unless you want to know what's been going on. Growing up my dad did drugs and my mom was a cheater, I grew up in a toxic household and raised my siblings from an early age, i was bullied a lot in school as well. If it wasn't from issues regarding my parent kids would also bully me for my appearance and weight. I believe I have recently developed an eating disorder. There are times recently where I will go days with no food and then binge the next. I have issues with depression and motivation. All around I am once again at a low point in my life and no one has noticed so it's hitting a little harder. I apologize for not being the best author and i want y'all to know i am trying my best. thank you for sticking with this book for so long it means a lot to me. if you have any questions, comments, or concerns you can't message my on one of the following.

insta: 772._.gracie
snap: oof_gracie
tiktok: 772._.gracie

i love y'all.