Is this what's best for her?

They kept me in the hospital for awhile but someone was with me 24/7 most of the time it was Peter, considering he would glare at anyone who tried to remove him from my side. Dad seemed fine with it but he stayed a couple nights to just so he knew I was safe. Peter seemed to be a lot more clingy and I was confused why, not that I was complaining or anything but I thought he would like to see some of Florida by himself. It was nighttime now and Peter was the only one staying with me tonight, we were both on my bed watching Friends when I felt I needed to ask him what was wrong with him.

"Peter can I ask you something and can you be honest?" I said not taking my eyes from the tv and I could feel that he stayed still as well.

"Yeah babe, anything." He replied still watching the show closely.

"What's been up with you lately? You seem very attached. Have you always been like this and my memory just messed up?" I said joking a little at the end but he didn't find it funny. The room was silent besides Monica and Rachel talking on the television. Peter looked me in the eyes and he seemed mixed between furious and sad, more on the depressed side tho.

"I almost lost you." He replied searching my face for an answer.

"Yes but I am here, I am ok. You don't need to babysit me, I am sure you want to go see some of Florida and enjoy the heat and beaches." I said.

"I couldn't enjoy nothing if I knew you were sitting in a hospital bed with no on but Thor to entertain you. Every time it gets normal in our lives and we do take a little bit of space from each other you get taken or hurt. I mean for gods sake I was sleeping in the room across from you and someone kidnapped you. I can't let that happen again."

"Oh I'm sorry." I said looking down at my fingers and messing with them. Peter grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes before shaking his head.

"Don't apologize it's not your fault that everyone wants you for themselves. Plus as your boyfriend it is my duty to protect you so from here on out I will include bodyguard in my boyfriend profile." He said and I laughed some, I snuggled him into his chest and listened to his breathing while watching the adults on the tv live out their normal lives.

"I love you Peter."

"I love you more, Y/N."

~~~~~~Next morning~~~~~~

The doctors were discharging me today but I was told to take it easy today and then tomorrow I can be back to my normal self. I was in the shower when Peter knocked on the hospital bathroom door.

"Come in." I said from behind my shower curtain that Nat bought and brought to me as a get better soon gift. At first I thought it was a strange gift but right now I am thankful for it. He opened the door a little and began speaking but I couldn't hear him. I poked my head out to look at him and he was red looking at the floor.

"Peter's what's wrong?" I asked and he looked up for a second but when he saw me he quickly adverted his eyes.

"I didn't want to walk in on you without clothes on sorry." He said looking down at the floor and I laughed a little.

"Anyway," he said clearing his throat and maintaining eye contact with me, "I finished packing for you and while you were showering the doctor came in and told me you were fine to leave any time now." He said and I nodded and watched him leave the bathroom. I finished up the refreshing shower and got dressed in jeans and a black tank top. It was simple but I wasn't in the mood to get all dressed up. Me and Peter got to the parking lot and I started fishing around my bag to find my cars and stopped when I got to the car.

"Peter I can't find my keys anywhere maybe we left them inside." I said looking back to make sure I didn't drop them while we were walking, but the sound of keys jingling caused me to snap my head back to Peter who was holding them.

"Oh you found them thank you come on give them to me so we can go home." I reached for the keys but he held them above his head and due to our height difference they were impossible to reach.

"You really think I am letting you drive after you just got out of the hospital from a car crash." He said shaking his head and unlocking the car while I stood there with my mouth wide open.

"Get in the car so we can go home please." He copied what I said only slightly rephrasing it. I stood my ground as he pointed to the passenger side.

"You want to do this the easy or hard way."

"Easy so give me my keys back Peter." But his response was only a chuckle and shrug of his shoulder.

"Hard way it is." He said walking to where I was standing he effortlessly picked and placed me inside the car then walked around the car to begin driving. The whole way home I refused to speak to him until he got me mcdonalds. I had to forgive him after that because he knew how much I hated that hospital food. We arrived to where we were staying and there was tons of cars all around. I was majorly confused but didn't think to much of it. Peter grabbed my bags as I finished off the last of my tea and we walked to the entrance. As soon as I opened the door I knew something was wrong, the entire room was pitch black but I could feel eyes on me and hear breathing.

"Hello" I called out into the black area. Suddenly all the lights turned on and people I didn't even know jumped to me yelling surprise. I couldn't see much because I was tossed behind Peter's back as soon as yelling began. I clutched onto his shirt and after breathing for a second looked around. There was decorations everywhere and the room was silent watching me and Peter who was on high alert.

"Surprise Y/N!" My dad said walking towards us and I came out from behind Peter to see him holding his arms open waiting for a hug.

"Hi dad what is all this?" I asked looking around yet again. Peter walked closer to me and put an arm around my waist as he saw a group of guys our age eyeing me.

"Its a surprise party." He said in a duh tone.

"What's wrong babygirl, I can feel your heartbeat going crazy." Peter whispered in my ear.

"Everyone is looking at us. I feel weird." He looked around at everyone.

"Yoo do you guys have an eye ball problem, you said surprise return to whatever you were doing before." He shouted with authority and everyone automatically looked away and began talking among themselves.

"Thank you." I said.

"Mr. Stark do you really think a party is what is best for her right now she just got out of the hospital?" Peter said resting his head on top of mine.

"Well she has been isolated from society and only with us and doctors for a while I thought this could help you get back into the swing of things. Plus we are in Florida we know nobody here and they don't know a lot about us so we can do whatever we want." He said throwing his hands up into the air. I replied with a sigh and looked around, if I took a few headache medications this could be fun.

"Ok let me go get changed, Peter can you help me with the bags?" He nodded his head and we walked to our room after grabbing our things.

"Are you sure you are up for this we could just stay up here they would never know?" Peter asked me once the door was closed and I went to the closet to look for a dress.

"Dad is right this might be helpful. So let's go have some fun." I said pulling out a black short dress and Peter stood up giving me a quick kiss and pulling the dress away from me.

"We can go have fun but with all those strange guys down there, no to this dress please and I will be keeping an eye on you." He said and I laughed a little while nodding.

"Don't laugh I am serious if I find one guy lo-" I cut him off with a kiss and left his lips to grab a new dress and headed to the bathroom shouting over my shoulder, "Be ready in 5".

Feels so good to be back.